• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Post a fact about yourself...

Ed H in Pasadena

The spoon needs to stand straight up in black, coffee flavored, coffee.

None of these mochafrappelatteccinos.
When I refer to flavored, I'm referring to the bags/cans you get in a grocery store, not the Starbucks/Coffee Bean/Dunkin'/Tim Horton's type. 😉
And stand up straight? Turkish coffee? I can handle that, on occasion.

Ed H in Pasadena

Since my eldest was 8 years old, I've coached and officiated matches. Mostly AYSO, but also AYSO all-stars (coached and officiated), and private and public middle school and high school freshmen and JV games (as an official). That's from 1993-2007, when my son quit soccer at age 10 to concentrate on football.

Ed H in Pasadena

My Pirates and Steelers fandom is due to my grandfather, who took me to my first games of both while my dad served in Vietnam.

Edit: I explained my Pens' fandom ten posts earlier. ;)

Last edited:

Ed H in Pasadena

Right now, I am a sustaining supporter for three local nonprofit radio stations: KKJZ (on the campus of Long Beach St.) for jazz; KUSC (on the campus of USC) for classical music; and KCSN (on the campus of Cal State Northridge) for popular music (they play an eclectic mix of classic rock, modern rock, country/folk/Americana, R&B/funk/hip-hop, blues ... you name it, it's either in their regular lineup or on one of the specialty shows they have).

Ed H in Pasadena

I never saw a single episode of "The Sopranos" nor "Game of Thrones". Couldn't buy the premise of the former, and didn't like the first book in the series of the latter, so no desire to compound my misery watching a show based on it.

Ed H in Pasadena

Foods I liked growing up that now I'm not fond of
  • Peppers (red, green, orange, yellow ... just can't stand them anymore)
  • Ketchup on burgers, hot dogs, sausages (still OK on fries, though)
  • A1 steak sauce
  • Pepperoni (well, not exactly. Just can't eat it anymore without getting stomach cramps, ever since they took my gall bladder out fifteen years ago)

Ed H in Pasadena

I have six grandchildren. My eldest has three girls (8 1/2, 7 and 4 on November 8th). My second eldest has three boys (6 1/2, 4 and 23 months). Perfect symmetry ... for now. ;)