• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rumors: 2024-25 Season

All these Francophone stars who spend their lives trying to avoid Montreal and then suddenly want to "come home" once they're washed-up and no other team will offer to overpay them can go fuck themselves. In case they haven't noticed, Rejean Tremblay is no longer the de-facto GM of the Habs. The French media no longer have the pull needed to gift any of these has-been's a contract anymore. Just one more benefit of having competent anglophone management in charge. HuGo don't read the French media; they don't give a shit what they think or what they want.

Letang can just keep on walking.

All these Francophone stars who spend their lives trying to avoid Montreal and then suddenly want to "come home" once they're washed-up and no other team will offer to overpay them can go fuck themselves. In case they haven't noticed, Rejean Tremblay is no longer the de-facto GM of the Habs. The French media no longer have the pull needed to gift any of these has-been's a contract anymore. Just one more benefit of having competent anglophone management in charge. HuGo don't read the French media; they don't give a shit what they think or what they want.

Letang can just keep on walking.
FWIW, Hughes seems to like acquiring his former clients , and Letang was another one of them…

Well I believe that Letang might have asked to be traded, and that the Pens contacted the Habs about it, so I believe that part. But to insinuate that the Habs might be interested is a bit ridiculous.

That being said, at 50% retention + Pens 2026 1st pick unprotected, I'd do it.

Last edited:
Back