• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Tech Thread

and there were no changes at Twitter, no reason at all for any shift in revenue, other than what he chose to do.

that's impressive.

Twitter was at break even with revenue trending upward fairly quickly. It was never going to be worth 46B, but Elon buying it (with no debt vehicles involved) and running it like a fucking normal person would have been easy. Likely would have been profitable this year, Elon could have done a victory lap over Twitter "finally" being profitable under his super genius leadership. He then could have shit posted and trolled to his heart's content and tried to pretend he was the cool kid (which is all this was ever about).

But nope. Massive levels of wealth destruction (a 10-15B brand bleeding 3B a year with 12B in debt and heavily declining revenue is basically worthless, the question isn't whether it will go bankrupt, it's when. 46B down the drain in 4 months...seriously) instead. All so he could look cool to the new group he's looking for adoration from after the liberals "turned on him" (aka, started to realize that he wasn't a super genius and started questioning him).

Best bit is now his maga buddies are turning on him because they're idiots who never understood how anything actually functions (my engagement has gone down, it must be censorship!).

You were getting too much attention you didn't earn and we had to fix it because randos don't want to get your tweets.

Excellent.

am I the only one being constantly and repeatedly forced into the "For You" feed instead of "Following"? anytime I load twitter now it immediately takes me to "For You". this is a new problem as of I want to say a few days ago...

am I the only one being constantly and repeatedly forced into the "For You" feed instead of "Following"? anytime I load twitter now it immediately takes me to "For You". this is a new problem as of I want to say a few days ago...

I think it's been like that for everyone recently. I think like a week ago I was wondering why my twitter feed seemed to be like massively delayed, not seeing recent tweets, and just being like complete junk. On my phone it was still fine. Although opening it up now, I see my phone now defaults to that For You feed which seems to be utter trash. So I'm guessing it finally got pushed out in an app update.

I think it's been like that for everyone recently. I think like a week ago I was wondering why my twitter feed seemed to be like massively delayed, not seeing recent tweets, and just being like complete junk. On my phone it was still fine. Although opening it up now, I see my phone now defaults to that For You feed which seems to be utter trash. So I'm guessing it finally got pushed out in an app update.
yeah my default feed setting just recently... changed without any notice. and it bothers me immensely lol. especially given how the "for you" has degraded

it's "fucking onerous" to click on the List button followed by the list you want to look at?

#FirstWorldProblems

Last edited:
it's "fucking onerous" to click on the List button then click followed by the list you want to look at?

#FirstWorldProblems
no, to build the list is fucking onerous. requires filtering through all the accounts you follow and trying to sort them logically.

why go to the effort of adding every account you follow to one list when that exact feed already exists?

unless there is a technological solution to this problem that I am not aware of...

no, to build the list is fucking onerous. requires filtering through all the accounts you follow and trying to sort them logically.

why go to the effort of adding every account you follow to one list when that exact feed already exists?

unless there is a technological solution to this problem that I am not aware of...

That first run through is onerous. But from then on you should just automatically add someone to list(s) as soon as you follow them. It's just one extra click.

And you can add them to multiple lists.

So you can add someone to a Sports list and then also a hockey list. Huge help when it comes to trade deadline day.

Or add someone to a News List and a Politics List and a Canadian Politics List....huge help when it comes to election day.

Etc.

That first run through is onerous. But from then on you should just automatically add someone to list(s) as soon as you follow them. It's just one extra click.

So you can add someone to a Sports list and then also a hockey list. Huge help when it comes to trade deadline day.

Or add someone to a News List and a Politics List and a Canadian Politics List....huge help when it comes to election day.

Etc.
yeah I started undertaking this tedious challenge and then gave up halfway through. so now I have a half-completed list.

probably worth taking the time to do it right though, given what is happening.

stupid wise zeke

Nope, me too.

Something similar happened to me a year or two ago, but there was the option to manually set your preferences on the Twitter app so that it only shows you who you’re following with tweets in chronological order.

Now the main page of the app just always has a “For You” tab and a “Following” tab, and when I launch the app it always starts me in the “For You” tab.

Twitter also seems to be abruptly shutting down 3rd party Twitter apps.

Probably to make sure no one else provides users with tools to prevent them from having the content Twitter thinks you should be seeing forced down your throat.

Yeah if they manage to shut down Tweetdeck it might be the end for me. Not sure I'd ever have dealt with using the Twitter app even before.

Luckily tweetdeck was officially toast years ago but somehow just keeps working so maybe it keeps on going.

Etc.
Fuck that

I'll just wait for your posts on FI

Back