• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The New Division

I never said they were on the same level, what I said was the leads blown were 2 different things one was a lead that never should have slipped away the other was a much more fragile one, 2-1 all it takes is to score 1 and its a brand new game.

Choking in a Finals elimination game is infinitely worse, regardless of lead. I don't understand what you can't comprehend here.
 
Choking in a Finals elimination game is infinitely worse, regardless of lead. I don't understand what you can't comprehend here.

It wasn't a choke though, 2-1 going to 3-2 really isn't one, like I said 1 goal is all it takes to take er from 2-1 to 2-2. The leafs had the worst playoff collapse in NHL history, not sure what your not comprehending here.
 
Zeke - you think it's easy for a sophmore to come back after a season long injury to play against the top offense in the league? Of course he's going to look bad.
 
It wasn't a choke though, 2-1 going to 3-2 really isn't one, like I said 1 goal is all it takes to take er from 2-1 to 2-2. The leafs had the worst playoff collapse in NHL history, not sure what your not comprehending here.

It was the very ****ing definition of a choke.

Had Rask got them to overtime and then they lost it wouldn't have been a choke. Allowing two goals seventeen seconds apart to lose the Stanley Cup when you've had a lead the entire game that wasn't seriously threatened?

That's the definition of a choke job. End of discussion.
 
It wasn't a choke though, 2-1 going to 3-2 really isn't one, like I said 1 goal is all it takes to take er from 2-1 to 2-2. The leafs had the worst playoff collapse in NHL history, not sure what your not comprehending here.

Not even close.

Please look up the 1942 Stanley Cup Finals and the 2010 Eastern Conference Semi-Finals please. You are embarrassing yourself here.
 
It was the very ****ing definition of a choke.

Had Rask got them to overtime and then they lost it wouldn't have been a choke. Allowing two goals seventeen seconds apart to lose the Stanley Cup when you've had a lead the entire game that wasn't seriously threatened?

That's the definition of a choke job. End of discussion.

I love how you changed the subject from Riemer's late game fail to the Boston game, shows that you don't have a valid explanation as to why the leafs collapse happened, bottom line there is NO justifying Riemer's play or the rest of the teams for that matter.
 
[video=youtube;gN-4EyQzZVk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gN-4EyQzZVk[/video]

goal 2 is a sweet lalimer.

cowen being cowen on goals 1 and 3, too.
Cowen is getting blamed for debatable goals that deflect off of skates?

Sad, zeke. Sad.
 
Not even close.

Please look up the 1942 Stanley Cup Finals and the 2010 Eastern Conference Semi-Finals please. You are embarrassing yourself here.

Sorry worded it wrong, what I meant to say was the worst Game 7 collapse in playoff history, my bad.
 
I love how you changed the subject from Riemer's late game fail to the Boston game, shows that you don't have a valid explanation as to why the leafs collapse happened, bottom line there is NO justifying Riemer's play or the rest of the teams for that matter.

Firstly, the argument never changed. Please follow along here.

Secondly, there is no valid explanation in the conventional sense of the term. Fluke goals from the point are a frequent occurrence in NHL games. It wasn't the first time that a meltdown occurred and it won't be the last time.

Thirdly, Reimer posted .977 and .967 save percentages in the previous two games. The series was all but over and he was a key reason why the Leafs were poised to win.
 
Sorry worded it wrong, what I meant to say was the worst Game 7 collapse in playoff history, my bad.

No, that would be Game 7 of the 2010 Eastern Conference Finals in Boston. Choking away a 3-0 lead in game 7 after choking away a 3-0 series lead is infinitely worse.

Especially given how heavily favoured Boston was in both series'.
 
Firstly, the argument never changed. Please follow along here.

Secondly, there is no valid explanation in the conventional sense of the term. Fluke goals from the point are a frequent occurrence in NHL games. It wasn't the first time that a meltdown occurred and it won't be the last time.

- I'm well aware that point shots go in from time to time it happens I agree. Also just because melt downs happen it doesn't erase the Leafs one nor does it justify it either, I'm still shaking my head in disbelief that we let that one slip away.


Thirdly, Reimer posted .977 and .967 save percentages in the previous two games. The series was all but over and he was a key reason why the Leafs were poised to win.

Yes, Riemer played amazing in Games 5 and 6 and most of Game 7 but that doesn't erase the fact that he was in net for the meltdown. You can argue he was largely responsible for the Leafs climbing back into the series but I can also argue he was a large reason we lost the series as well, it works both ways.
 
Yes, Riemer played amazing in Games 5 and 6 and most of Game 7 but that doesn't erase the fact that he was in net for the meltdown. You can argue he was largely responsible for the Leafs climbing back into the series but I can also argue he was a large reason we lost the series as well, it works both ways.

Your problem here is that you're looking for a conventional explanation in what was a freak occurrence statistically-speaking. You could replay that game another one hundred times and the odds are what occurred would only happen once or twice more at most (the odds of scoring two goals with the net empty are approximately 1 in 60 according to something I read after it happened).

Reimer was beat on screened point shots. Those are difficult to stop on the best of days, let alone with a 6'9 behemoth who is the only one of his kind in league history standing in front providing the cover.
 
That's true I am looking for a normal explanation on how this collapse occured, I still don't get why it happened and what the root cause was of it.
 
That's the thing: shit happens. Sometimes there is no explanation for what happens. All of Boston's goals could have easily missed the net or taken a re-direct elsewhere.

Literally everything they threw on net was gold. That almost never happens.
 
Back
Top