• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Trade Deadline 2022

So let’s see Holland tried to acquire Varlamov who said no, Dubas tried to acquire MAF which didn’t pan out.

Hmmmm

The cheapest best goalie available plays for a CDN team w no trade clauses .. Allen

Bidding starts w 1st round pick unprotected

How's that terrible? Basically 2 first and a 3rd for a rental.

Edit: ok Tippet is older than I thought, still wouldn't call that terrible.
Look at the return we got from Chiarot, then look at the return Philly got for Giroux.

Chiarot:
2023 1st, unprotected
Middling prospect
2022 4th

Giroux (with two AHLers and a 5th in 2023):
2024 1st, protected
Middling prospect
2022 3rd

I dunno, maybe it's just be, but I'd hope for a bigger haul than just that for a first line forward and the face of the franchise.

Look at the return we got from Chiarot, then look at the return Philly got for Giroux.

Chiarot:
2023 1st, unprotected
Middling prospect
2022 4th

2024 1st, protected
Middling prospect
2022 3rd

I dunno, maybe it's just be, but I'd hope for a bigger haul than just that for a first line forward and the face of the franchise.
This one’s on Giroux. He totally screwed the Flyers.

Chiarot:
2023 1st, unprotected
Middling prospect
2022 4th

2024 1st, protected
Middling prospect
2022 3rd

I'd much rather have Tippett than Heineman. I wouldn't say they are equal quality prospect. Florida's got a ton of depth at forward, he was probably buried there on the 3rd or 4th line not playing many minutes. He's tearing up the AHL.

I'd much rather have Tippett than Heineman. I wouldn't say they are equal quality prospect. Florida's got a ton of depth at forward, he was probably buried there on the 3rd or 4th line not playing many minutes. He's tearing up the AHL.

I saw Owen for 4 years , I had season tix with a group

He went lottery pick and deserved it , big body , shot and competed well

2 different prospects IMO

Our kid is more middle 6 while Owen is top 6 caliber

But Owen better score or he wont make it , ours can slot like Evans and be a role player

And it's Tyler Smilanic that we got from the Panthers, which seems like an even lesser prospect than Heineman.

And it's Tyler Smilanic that we got from the Panthers, which seems like an even lesser prospect than Heineman.
Six of one, half a dozen of the other. I think both are longshots to ever make a career in the NHL.

The key parts to both trades were the first round picks.

So let’s see Holland tried to acquire Varlamov who said no, Dubas tried to acquire MAF which didn’t pan out.

Hmmmm

The cheapest best goalie available plays for a CDN team w no trade clauses .. Allen

Bidding starts w 1st round pick unprotected
Good luck but worth a try

Back