• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Trevor Zegras

Depending on the length of Laine's injury, I have an essay idea and I'm going to have tomatoes thrown at me.

Also, trading for Zegras is the leading candidate for worst possible move this team could do.

Depending on the length of Laine's injury, I have an essay idea and I'm going to have tomatoes thrown at me.

Also, trading for Zegras is the leading candidate for worst possible move this team could do.
No need to try and "save" this season. So Laine's injury is irrelevant for me.

Sure if Struble or Barron gets you Zegras I'm good with it but I don't want to give up real assets

No need to try and "save" this season. So Laine's injury is irrelevant for me.

Sure if Struble or Barron gets you Zegras I'm good with it but I don't want to give up real assets
I'm of the opinion that Laine having a good year here and them making a real push for the playoffs was probably the worst-case scenario for this team.

I had a reason to have hope we would at least be in it unti March unlike November the last 3 years and that I would no longer have to read on X here etc. we need to tank...

I'm not on Team Tank, to me that's Chicago/San Jose/Columbus territory. I believe we're clearly past that.

However, I'm not of the belief that this team is a player or two away from being contenders.

There's a clear lack of talent & depth in the prospect pool. Besides our two first round picks last year, we don't have a single forward that seems to have top-6 potential. And even the lower end potential, there's not a ton of players I can point to that I have high hopes for.

All that to say, I wouldn't mind another top-10 pick to take a forward...

I'm not on Team Tank, to me that's Chicago/San Jose/Columbus territory. I believe we're clearly past that.

However, I'm not of the belief that this team is a player or two away from being contenders.

There's a clear lack of talent & depth in the prospect pool. Besides our two first round picks last year, we don't have a single forward that seems to have top-6 potential. And even the lower end potential, there's not a ton of players I can point to that I have high hopes for.

All that to say, I wouldn't mind another top-10 pick to take a forward...
With Demidov and Hage now in the pipeline, the forwards moving forward are fine. At some point you need to start winning or you could become the next Buffalo, Anaheim, Detroit. No thanks.

No one? You're the one who started this thread, asking them to get Zegras. If we're not pushing to win, then why do you want him on this team?

Quick reminder: Besides the Laine trade, this team is virtually unchanged since last year's roster. Last year, Suzuki & Matheson had career years the best years of their careers so far (since some people want to quibble with the wording when they knew exactly what I meant) and beyond the young players being a year older, nothing was done to make this team better. If Laine's out for a significant amount of time (Multiple months) then the improvements to this team will be marginal.

Last year's team finished 26th in goals for, 27th in goals against. I fully expect them to score more with Dach playing a full season and Caufield getting back to form. That should be an extra 20-25 goals, probably placing this team closer to 15th or 16th in the league in goals? But then we're still bad on defense & in net.

Some will disagree, but I don't think there's a #1 center on this team, I don't think there's a #1 d-man on this team and our goalies are what they are.

Quick reminder: Besides the Laine trade, this team is virtually unchanged since last year's roster. Last year, Suzuki & Matheson had career years the best years of their careers so far (since some people want to quibble with the wording when they knew exactly what I meant) and beyond the young players being a year older, nothing was done to make this team better. If Laine's out for a significant amount of time (Multiple months) then the improvements to this team will be marginal.

Last year's team finished 26th in goals for, 27th in goals against. I fully expect them to score more with Dach playing a full season and Caufield getting back to form. That should be an extra 20-25 goals, probably placing this team closer to 15th or 16th in the league in goals? But then we're still bad on defense & in net.

Some will disagree, but I don't think there's a #1 center on this team, I don't think there's a #1 d-man on this team and our goalies are what they are.
Nick is a 1C but not a stud

Best hope this team can have is a Vegas and Blues team , no elite top players but a solid overall group with compete

This was going to be 5 years before big decisions need to be made

Hugo can tear it it down , can they build a contender ........

Not really concerned about the team yet.

Will be looking at individual performances to keep myself interested this year...

How does hutson do?
Slaf improve?
Can Guhle stay healthy and take a step?
Suzuki match or even improve?
Caufield improve?
Dach he legit?
Can any other youngish D take a step?

Then following fowler and demigod in their leagues

It's likely a top 10 pick even with Laine. Would need some super elite goaltending to get above that.

No one? You're the one who started this thread, asking them to get Zegras. If we're not pushing to win, then why do you want him on this team?
That would be to replace Laine. Even with Demidov coming next year, we still need another top 6 F if Laine is done. So no, that’s not pushing to win, it’s “pushing” to have a legit. top 6 going forward.

It’s a problem if you pay too much. Laine was essentially free. I don’t think someone like Zegras instantly gets us out of the lottery, so I don’t think that’s a big deal.

Just don’t want to pay too much.

Back