• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2019-Whenever Misc. Grab Bag Thread

State gets to rest until 9:30 tonight, so that's good. Today's two games should be quite good.
Another question: *IF* State gets past the Hoos tonight, will that be enough to get them into the NCAA tourney? Or do they really need to win the ACC tourney to make it in?

State gets to rest until 9:30 tonight, so that's good. Today's two games should be quite good.
Another question: *IF* State gets past the Hoos tonight, will that be enough to get them into the NCAA tourney? Or do they really need to win the ACC tourney to make it in?
I really doubt they get in without winning the automatic bid (fat chance of that), but who knows? Sometimes they throw around those Dayton slots like party favors. State just didn't win any of their more meaningful games ... until last night ... and they had a terrible 2nd half. That's usually a recipe for going nowhere.

I really doubt they get in without winning the automatic bid (fat chance of that), but who knows? Sometimes they throw around those Dayton slots like party favors. State just didn't win any of their more meaningful games ... until last night ... and they had a terrible 2nd half. That's usually a recipe for going nowhere.
If we only had a coach...

Read that in your best Wizard of Oz "If I only had a brain" voice.

Where the Polar's word has this been for the last 7 years.

If we only had a coach...

Read that in your best Wizard of Oz "If I only had a brain" voice.

Where the Polar's word has this been for the last 7 years.
I mean, State has had clowns and charlatans for coaches for pushing 35 years now. You'd think we'd be used to it by now

I mean, State has had clowns and charlatans for coaches for pushing 35 years now. You'd think we'd be used to it by now
I moved here in October 1973 and started at State the same year V did, so I was used to that before...all this.

A State v Carolina ACC championship game on the eve of the destruction of the conference, just as the basketball gods intended
Yup ... here we go again. Seems like every time State has a come from nowhere run in the tourney, Carolina is waiting for them.

So, that's two wins in a row for the Hurricanes that synced with two big wins for the Pack. Can we continue this synchronicity in the schedule? Please?

Pretty profitable night for Keatts too. He gets a 2 year extension, a $400k raise and a $100k bonus.

One more. State had more wins at Capital One Arena this week (5-0) than the Washington Wizards have had all season (4-26).

Amazing run. Glad the ACC gets an extra spot and good luck in the tournament.

Not sure they will get an extra spot. NCSU just pushed uva and/or Pitt out, so they’re just replacing one of those. Probably only get 4 in now. UNC 1/2, Duke 3/4, Clemson 7, NCSU aq

Not sure they will get an extra spot. NCSU just pushed uva and/or Pitt out, so they’re just replacing one of those. Probably only get 4 in now. UNC 1/2, Duke 3/4, Clemson 7, NCSU aq
Last night was bad for the projected top seeds, all but UConn lost. Joe Lunardi still has all 3 as 1 seeds, but he has UConn as the overall top seed. He doesn’t have UVa or Pitt in the tournament and shows State as an 11 seed playing in Pittsburgh, still 4 ACC teams. Duke dropped to a 4 seed, Clemson is a 7 seed. He has the Big 12 with 9 bids, the SEC with 8 and the Big 10 and Mountain West with 6 each. The Big East lost St. John’s and Seton Hall and only have 3.

How does UVA not make the tournament? I can see Pitt and Wake not making it, though Pitt *should* be in. Wake Forest could've made if they hadn't shot themselves in the foot so much.

Incredible quote from the president of CBS, George Cheeks:
My teenage nephews are huge fans of NCIS and FBI. They have no idea they’re on CBS. They only watch them on Paramount+. But the view is, that shouldn’t matter. What’s really important is that we’re reaching the audience wherever they want to consume the shows, and we’re producing the kind of shows they want to watch.

It's amazing how much high speed internet access has changed mass media.

How does UVA not make the tournament? I can see Pitt and Wake not making it, though Pitt *should* be in. Wake Forest could've made if they hadn't shot themselves in the foot so much.
State and Oregon winning their tournaments knocked out 2 bubble teams. Temple knocked out the only team that was going to make it from the AAC, so that took another. So 3 bubble teams lost their spot to conference tournament games.

I mean, who have they beaten? They have VERY few quality wins (mostly against bubble teams) and a couple of ugly and/or lopsided losses. Pitt doesn't have a ton of glitter on their resume either, but they've been a tougher out than Virginia when they have lost. As a State fan, I've seen plenty of attempts to polish that kind of resume. It's not really an option anymore.

Back