• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT #5 - AUG 9, 8pm, SN - What is he doing?

Frustrated that they wasted a great trade chip in Kadri on a 3c. But it's time for Dubas to flex his nerdiness and buy low on a stud d or 2.

That was a big swing and a miss. I appreciate the effort to try and get good value on a retained Barrie but it couldnt have went any worse

And you can count on Barrie going somewhere next year on a cheap deal and doing well just do the narrative is Toronto was bad for him

Who said previous playoff loses were bad luck?
Me, but luck was a smaller part of it. Last year in particular, Leafs outplayed the Bruins at 5 on 5 all series. BUT they got outplayed in special teams and in game 7 Andersen gave them 0 chance to win. So I called that "luck" but luck was obviously a smaller part of it. They still could have easily won the series with a couple bounces but that's like any 7 game series. This year though... That shooting percentage is nuts.

Would the Kadri suspension be considered bad luck. That was the difference maker for me.

If we have him we win that series

It's not luck. the team is full of guys who either don't understand the playoffs require an extra gear, or don't have said gear.

in fact, it's hilarious anybody would say the Leafs were unlucky in this series. what do you call game 4??? that was getting hit by a meteor lucky.

also, John Tavares is not a captain. as a player he's good, if overpaid as acknowledged already. but it was a mistake giving him the C. he only knows seasons (and teams) like this one...he has no winning tactics or experience on which to draw and impart to the younger guys. he has zero leadership and it shows.

Okay I mean it can be more than one thing. They could be a disappointing team that happened to also get horrible luck in the five game series. Doesn't have to be one or the other.

It's not luck. the team is full of guys who either don't understand the playoffs require an extra gear, or don't have said gear.

in fact, it's hilarious anybody would say the Leafs were unlucky in this series. what do you call game 4??? that was getting hit by a meteor lucky.

also, John Tavares is not a captain. as a player he's good, if overpaid as acknowledged already. but it was a mistake giving him the C. he only knows seasons (and teams) like this one...he has no winning tactics or experience on which to draw and impart to the younger guys. he has zero leadership and it shows.

1597085827096.png

Back