• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The News Thread

I have no kids. I nap on weekends and travel to nice places.
The ability to nap and sleep in until whenever you feel like it on weekends is key.

As is the ability to travel on your own schedule, and to places other than "family friendly" resorts.

Canada pays me for my kid and I use that money to go to nice places?

Grandparents are a huge help too.
Man, there is no amount of money the government could pay me to make raising a kid worthwhile.

But hey, cheers to anyone who is into the whole kids and parenting thing.

The government/society should have that money available to those raising the next generation to make things a little easier.

I don't have any kids. But sleeping in is pretty much out of the question. This morning at about 6:00 our dog decided it was time for her to start her day (in fairness, had I not screwed up setting my alarm, it was going off around then). She doesn't understand the concept of sleep ins on the weekend. Neither does the cat.

Need a dog.....

But yeah, alarm is set for 8:45. Spent a pile of years up in the sands getting up at 4:25. **** that noise going forward.

My body clock wakes me with the sun, so I don't actually mind it too much. I'm close to physically incapable of sleeping in past 8:00 anymore.

But yeah, there have been times where I wanted to sleep longer, and the dog or cat prevents it.

I guess I'm lucky that my dog's a bro.

The only time he ever wakes me up is the very rare occasion where he asks to go outside because has the squirts or needs to throw up in the middle of the night. As soon as I'm awake he will appear by my bedside (even if I'm trying to do the "pretend you're still sleeping" thing), but if I tell him it's not time to get up yet, he'll go back to sleep.

My body clock wakes me with the sun, so I don't actually mind it too much. I'm close to physically incapable of sleeping in past 8:00 anymore.

But yeah, there have been times where I wanted to sleep longer, and the dog or cat prevents it.
Yeah, "sleeping in" is definitely a relative term as you get older.

Unless I've been out until the wee hours of the morning the night before, staying in bed until 8:30 or 9:00 on a Saturday morning counts as sleeping in for me.

Humans finding new ways to kill each other.

I can only assume this person started the fires at the doors so people could not escape?

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/...spected-arson-kyoto-animation-studio-n1031091

More than 30 people died after a suspected arson in an animation production studio in Kyoto, Japan, early Thursday.

At least 70 people were thought to have been inside the three-story Kyoto Animation building in Japan's ancient capital at the time the fire started, state broadcaster NHK reported.

A Japanese fire official said 33 people were confirmed dead and a further 36 injured, according to The Associated Press.

That's awesome news.

If the Congo is curing Ebola, how the **** hasn't the US cured Cancer.

Real answer: Cancer isn't one disease. It's a couple hundred diseases with a similar mechanism. A bunch of different cancers have been functionally cured, as long as they're caught on time. Breast cancer for example, has a 99-100% survival rate if caught at state 0 or stage 1. 99% survival for prostate cancer if caught at stage 2. A bunch more are in the mid 90's if caught by stage 2.

Real answer: Cancer isn't one disease. It's a couple hundred diseases with a similar mechanism. A bunch of different cancers have been functionally cured, as long as they're caught on time. Breast cancer for example, has a 99-100% survival rate if caught at state 0 or stage 1. 99% survival for prostate cancer if caught at stage 2. A bunch more are in the mid 90's if caught by stage 2.
Proactive is always better than reactive .... unfortunately trying to get a cancer diagnosed "on time " is not so easy.
I had 4 hospital visits and numerous doctor appointments to figure why I was losing so much blood.
3 years later they tell me I have stage 3 colon cancer .... and I lose most of my large intestines.
To top it off, I had to pay 800 a week for 16 weeks for chemo ....... so ya, if they can diagnose the cancer early enough it can be a life saver ..... but unfortunately for many, it is a bloody circus in our medical profession.
Cheers all lol.

Proactive is always better than reactive .... unfortunately trying to get a cancer diagnosed "on time " is not so easy.
I had 4 hospital visits and numerous doctor appointments to figure why I was losing so much blood.
3 years later they tell me I have stage 3 colon cancer .... and I lose most of my large intestines.
To top it off, I had to pay 800 a week for 16 weeks for chemo ....... so ya, if they can diagnose the cancer early enough it can be a life saver ..... but unfortunately for many, it is a bloody circus in our medical profession.
Cheers all lol.
Did they not order CgX testing on you?

Back