• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT - To Catch A Thief

It's the fucking worst. I can't stand it, but have no reason to take on the extra expense of a house when I'm still single.

Unless you're a hot girl who I want to either have regular flings with or actually fucking marry, I don't really need to know anyone on a personal level in the building. I'd rather never run into anyone who lives here, ever. In fact, my heart stops a bit each time I'm in the elevator and someone else gets on before I get to my floor.

Can't lie though, I'm thinking about getting a house just to escape the bullshit of having to live among people I have no relation with.

It's the fucking worst. I can't stand it, but have no reason to take on the extra expense of a house when I'm still single.

Unless you're a hot girl who I want to either have regular flings with or actually fucking marry, I don't really need to know anyone on a personal level in the building. I'd rather never run into anyone who lives here, ever. In fact, my heart stops a bit each time I'm in the elevator and someone else gets on before I get to my floor.

Can't lie though, I'm thinking about getting a house just to escape the bullshit of having to live among people I have no relation with.
Sounds like a touch of social anxiety there. That’s rough.

I have some family over to my place for dinner one night - no music, no tv, nothing but occasional footsteps and at best the dull sound of voices (doubt it), and each time I left my place to throw trash out, I'd see a note posted to the outside of my door from this guy. First, it was to report that it was extremely noisy and it sounded like we were moving furniture (sure, when someone moves a chair to sit or get up, I suppose it makes some noise). Then the next time I opened the door, I see another note yelling in CAPS about all the noise. Then later a third note with some profanity in it coming from a guy who just moved into a building to a guy he's never met and who was one of the original residents. So once everyone left, I went downstairs and told him he was out of line leaving nasty notes on the door, and that he should consider himself lucky that I'm almost always at the office and he basically lives here without a sound coming from above him at any time.

From there, he starts trying to buddy up when we randomly pass each other in the building and gives me those snarky comments each time because clearly I'm not interested in speaking to the guy, and I'm somehow the one in the wrong, and the guy is justified to cause thousands of dollars of property damage now?

Hopefully you're just trying to be funny for the crowd, and not actually being serious.
Sounds like the guy has gone out of his way to try to make amends and you've gone out of your way to be a dick. You don't have to be buddy buddy with the guy but a simple pleasantry makes for a far more comfortable living arrangement.

The guy is one of those assholes who likes to bully people around unless they themselves get bullied down hard before they're allowed to go too far. I know he's a shit now since first impressions are everything, and I don't want to accept his efforts to make amends. I say hi and move on. I don't care how he's fucking doing. And if indeed it's him causing the damage, then I was right to want to not have anything to do with him obviously because no normal person goes and keys the car of someone they have a gripe with, not to mention more than once.

Sounds like a touch of social anxiety there. That’s rough.

It's a longer story. There used to be a resident in the building who was pure toxic matter. We were all desperate to never run into her, for years. She left a couple years back thankfully, but the feeling of not wanting to get caught in tight quarters with someone persists. And CV has made it that much worse.

I have one similar to this one. Works fine.

Not exactly a hidden camera.

I'm researching this one, but I don't think the battery life makes it a viable option.
https://www.amazon.com/AREBI-Camcor...security+camera+for+car&qid=1585092215&sr=8-3
https://www.amazon.com/AREBI-Camcor...security+camera+for+car&qid=1585092215&sr=8-3

By the way, I'm trying to figure out the best next move. I'm going to try to find a hidden camera and try to catch him in the act, but in the meantime I'm thinking about whether to file a police report and name him as my most likely suspect so that the cops go to his door and question him about it. Just to put him on notice that he's the guy I think is behind it. But maybe I don't want to tip him off so that I can catch him in the act and hold him responsible for all the damage so far.

Fuck buying a camera. There is a recession underway.

Just punch him really hard in the kidneys the next time you see him.

Even if he’s not your vandal, at least those emotionally draining and awkward greetings will come to an end.

This is the way.

**** buying a camera. There is a recession underway.

Just punch him really hard in the kidneys the next time you see him.

Even if he’s not your vandal, at least those emotionally draining and awkward greetings will come to an end.

This is the way.
Straight up Mandalorian

Action cams, dash cams, trail cams will all give you frustratingly grainy footage, unless the guy does it in broad daylight, while looking at smiling at your camera.

It always makes me laugh when I see shitty grainy security footage, and people asking if anyone can help identify the culprit. I think it makes a crime MORE frustrating when you have to watch it back over and over without any possibility of identifying the culprit.

If it were me, I'd send a letter around the building warning of someone breaking into the parking garage and vandalizing cars. Maybe post a reward if anyone saw anything. Trying to catch him in the act (if it was him), will just be a frustrating venture.

Hmm, that's the feedback I'm getting too. But I think it's a deterrent, at the very least. Will anyone take the chance of pulling this shit while they're being recorded, for fear that something about them gives them away? If it is the resident who's doing it, we might be able to identify the guy based on his build, clothes, shoes, etc.

Hmm, that's the feedback I'm getting too. But I think it's a deterrent, at the very least. Will anyone take the chance of pulling this shit while they're being recorded, for fear that something about them gives them away? If it is the resident who's doing it, we might be able to identify the guy based on his build, clothes, shoes, etc.

If it's a deterrent that you are looking for, just mount a fake camera near your parking space. Make sure it is a big one. I know that back in the days of my misspent youth, seeing what I thought was a camera potentially filming an area was enough to tell the devil on my shoulder to tell me to move on to another target.😈

There already are a couple in there, but the problem is that all the residents know they’re fake, so when the perpetrator is probably this resident, it won’t work. Interestingly though, it further supports that it’s this guy because a stranger might be concerned about being recorded.

But you have to escalate to show him that you're not to be fucked with. Key his car and shit on his doorstep.

Back