• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2019-Whenever Misc. Grab Bag Thread

I'm thinking about going to the 4/29 game vs DET if I can get a "pod" the right size; that would be the 1st home game 2 wks past our dose #2. It might not work out schedule wise, so if not, then definitely one of the May games.
He blew past 25% on his way to 50%.

He blew past 25% on his way to 50%.

50% is encouraging! That's close to 10K and some serious noise starting to blow the dust off the rafters...that's bearing in mind that you need close to that 10K willing to come back right now. I guess that would also be good news for the Durham Bulls at the 50% capacity level for about 5000 fans per game...the International League season does not start until May 1st, so lots of time to get more folks vaccinated to boot.

seems like you don't know which vax until they are about to give it to you. I got 2 of moderna . BTW, the vax is the first product moderna ever got FDA approved.

I hope you didn't use a sketchy website and accidentally sign up for the Moodernuh vaccine. If you see this doctor, run!

50% is encouraging! That's close to 10K and some serious noise starting to blow the dust off the rafters...that's bearing in mind that you need close to that 10K willing to come back right now. I guess that would also be good news for the Durham Bulls at the 50% capacity level for about 5000 fans per game...the International League season does not start until May 1st, so lots of time to get more folks vaccinated to boot.
Honestly, going all the way to 50% with case numbers where they are, the number of still unvaxed people, and the variants on the way, makes me *less* likely to want to go yet, even fully vaxed.... Not saying "no" yet, but more "maybe" than I was earlier today.

Last edited:
Randy Johnson exploded a bird 20 years ago Wednesday. The Athletic has an oral history of it if you subscribe.

Last edited:
Even at 15% capacity there were still knuckleheads refusing to wear masks once seated and drinking. 50% adds more knuckleheads. They are going to have to open up more food for sure.

Honestly, going all the way to 50% with case numbers where they are, the number of still unvaxed people, and the variants on the way, makes me *less* likely to want to go yet, even fully vaxed.... Not saying "no" yet, but more "maybe" than I was earlier today.
My wife and I discussed it on the way back from our first vaccination yesterday and we decided we'd just hold off until the (presumed) playoffs. That takes the guesswork out for us, because we'll be fully vaccinated by then and thus a lot less on edge about other people's issues.

If you guys are going to more rural Wallgreens locations for shots ... a word of advice. Get there VERY early and pack your patience. The issue seems to be largely with their computer systems, but they aren't all as well organized as you'd like either. Still. Eyes on the prize people. If it's a bit annoying, so what? Get those shots and let's get on the road to something like normal.

Just got Pfizer #1 today at Knightdale Walgreens. Checked in and waited maybe 15 minutes, just as advertised. Shooter said she had 90 appointments today.
And barely felt the needle and I HATE m'fing needles. Likely kept me from trying a few things in my youth.

Yeah, the needle wasn't bad when it was put in my arm yesterday but I will say my shoulder is sore today. Not anything out of the ordinary sore from getting a shot, but its sore for sure.

Great experience with getting Moderna #1 this morning at the Edwards Mill/Blue Ridge Rd Walgreens. Had to wait a bit for the nice old timer Mexican couple in front of me that was having a difficult time with the English only speakers, but we all got through it and got our shot. Hooray!

The guy that gave me the shot said to pay close attention to the reminder email that I will be getting from them for the second shot as sometimes they move you to a new Walgreens location in the area. Just a heads up if you were not notified of that by your Walgreens person.

Yeah, the needle wasn't bad when it was put in my arm yesterday but I will say my shoulder is sore today. Not anything out of the ordinary sore from getting a shot, but its sore for sure.
Same. My arm is sore, but nothing worth writing home about.

Same. My arm is sore, but nothing worth writing home about.
Same. My arm was sore from Pfizer shot 1 but but no worse than my flu shot. And it didn’t keep me from sleeping on that side. The next day, it was only sore from firm pressure directly on the injection site.

Honestly ... it's less sore than last time I got a tetanus shot. And I'm not avoiding the next dose regardless. I only mention it because I keep hearing the excuse that it'll make your arm fall off or something.

Now we need to start working on lowering the barriers to getting an appointment and/or a shot. More mass events, better organization at outlets, more phone banks open to help people who are useless on the internet or don't have access. Time for those politicians and public health people to start kicking it up about ten notches.

Same. My arm was sore from Pfizer shot 1 but but no worse than my flu shot. And it didn’t keep me from sleeping on that side. The next day, it was only sore from firm pressure directly on the injection site.
My prior to last flu shot did.. It felt like someone had stuck a shoulder pad on me.. the Skin was so tight.. Last one wasn't bad at all (flu shot) Tomorrow I get Covid shot #1 I'll let you all know.

My wife and I got the Pfizer. Shot #1, didn't feel a thing on the injection, was was real sore for 2 days. Shot #2, stung a bit, like the annual flu shot, but was not sore at all. Hope it was the real thing.

Oh, and folks we know who got Moderna, were all feeling pretty bad right after the second dose for a few days. Not sure about others with Pfizer, but we didn't feel bad at all. Again, hope it was the real thing.

Back