• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2019-Whenever Misc. Grab Bag Thread

I think she's been off the air since her suspension roughly 2 years ago, so this really isn't part of their recent talent purge. And good luck to her finding a new employer who pay her to go an air and say whatever the heck pops into her mind with n consequences ... since that's what free speech means to her, apparently.

God help us, but we need to be teaching civics more effectively in this increasingly stupid county
She’s been on SportsCenter. ESPNs position was that they never docked her pay and the decisions on how to deploy talent is a legitimate management decision.

She’s gonna end up like Will Cain and Jason Whitlock. Cain is out of the sports space entirely and Whitlock is a joke.

Shows how much attention I pay to ESPN. I haven't knowing watched anything other than a game broadcast on the network for years and years.

College football writer Brett McMurphy tweeted, with credit to SI writer Pat Forde, that Condoleeza Rice and George W. Bush are contacting ACC officials to lobby for Stanford and SMU, respectively. Rice was a professor and Provost at Stanford and is currently the director of the Hoover Institution, which is based at Stanford. She was also on the College Playoff Committee for 3 years. Bush 43 went to Yale and Harvard, but his library is on SMUs campus.

NC State has ended their beer partnership with New Belgium and is discontinuing Old Tuffy. They’ve signed with R&D Brewing and will sell a co-branded version of the existing Riviera Lager. If you’ve never had it at PNC, think Corona. R&D has collaborations with Wake Forest, App State and ECU, although those all look to be standalone beers, like Storm Brew, and not a co-brand of an existing beer.

I think the fact that this change came about pretty quickly made the co-branding thing the best option. R&D, true to their name, did a tom of market research before launching the rest of those products. This seemed to sort of pop up out of nowhere.

I think the fact that this change came about pretty quickly made the co-branding thing the best option. R&D, true to their name, did a tom of market research before launching the rest of those products. This seemed to sort of pop up out of nowhere.
I wonder if they’ll get their own version next year like the other schools. It appears that Wake Forest and ECU are existing beers with new labels. Deacon Brew appears to be Lo-Cal Resolution. Both are 4.2% ales with 98 calories. Pirates Brew appears to be Bull Durham Light Beer, both 4% ales. But both Storm Brew and App State’s Mountain Brew appear to be standalone. Storm Brew is a 4.2%, 98 calorie lager, as opposed to Deacon Brew, which is an ale. Mountain Brew is a 5.5% ale and I don’t see that on R&D beer list.

I wonder if they’ll get their own version next year like the other schools. It appears that Wake Forest and ECU are existing beers with new labels. Deacon Brew appears to be Lo-Cal Resolution. Both are 4.2% ales with 98 calories. Pirates Brew appears to be Bull Durham Light Beer, both 4% ales. But both Storm Brew and App State’s Mountain Brew appear to be standalone. Storm Brew is a 4.2%, 98 calorie lager, as opposed to Deacon Brew, which is an ale. Mountain Brew is a 5.5% ale and I don’t see that on R&D beer list.
More than likely they'll see how the Riviera sells and go from there. I ran into my neighbor who works in facilities for State walking the dog a few minutes ago and he told me that they were just going to go with re-labelled Storm Brew but got some pushback from the Canes. That's why the co-branding thing happened ... it's a placeholder. The App branded beer is actually an older line that they stopped making other than for App games and the Boone market, FWIW. R&D was set up for this kind of branding relationship stuff, so they'll get it dialed in with State now that they've got the relationship established. I just hope the notoriously complainy State fans shut up and give it a chance. Old Tuffy was a perfectly good product and a huge chunk of the fan base never stopped crapping on it ... while simultaneously quaffing down tanker trucks full of freaking Truly's crappy seltzer.

Can you tell I'm done with my State fan family? I'm still a proud alum, but our sports fans are the freaking worst and I refuse to apologize for their BS.

Can you tell I'm done with my State fan family? I'm still a proud alum, but our sports fans are the freaking worst and I refuse to apologize for their BS.
You know full well the 40 years of wandering in the desert have not worn well on us.

You know full well the 40 years of wandering in the desert have not worn well on us.
I do ... and I no longer care. There's being wounded and hurt and then there's being a bunch of ungrateful a-holes who can't just shut up and enjoy anything.

Man, selling ths house has to be one of the most depressing ventures I've gone on. Yes, the house has cosmetic issues and will require probably $5000 - $10000 to address, but that's why our house is well below fair market value for central Cary. I'm starting to get the feeling that we're not going to sell this joint unless we agree to a price that is way below what we can afford and we ain't doig that. The really shitty part is that we have had zero friggin offers. This sucks.

Man, selling ths house has to be one of the most depressing ventures I've gone on. Yes, the house has cosmetic issues and will require probably $5000 - $10000 to address, but that's why our house is well below fair market value for central Cary. I'm starting to get the feeling that we're not going to sell this joint unless we agree to a price that is way below what we can afford and we ain't doig that. The really shitty part is that we have had zero friggin offers. This sucks.
Be patient. It's a buyer's market right now ... with a vengeance, since it was a BRUTAL seller's market for a couple of years. You'll get the right fit eventually.

Have your realtor pass out joints at your joint!

Considering that a medical marijuana bill will once again die in the general assembly, don‘t hold your breath on any recreational uses.
You have to hold your breath a little bit for recreational use or you lose all the smoke!

Back