• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2019-Whenever Misc. Grab Bag Thread

Hey you Raleigh folks, La Farm Bakery is opening two locations in Raleigh. A permanent location at the corner of Wake Forest and Six Forks and then a pop-up location somewhere in Glenwood South. If you've never had their bread/pastries/sandwiches yet, you are in for a delicious surprise. The owner/master baker, Lionel Vitinet, is a rather well known baker that gets accolades by the likes of Jaques Pepin.

Hey you Raleigh folks, La Farm Bakery is opening two locations in Raleigh. A permanent location at the corner of Wake Forest and Six Forks and then a pop-up location somewhere in Glenwood South. If you've never had their bread/pastries/sandwiches yet, you are in for a delicious surprise. The owner/master baker, Lionel Vitinet, is a rather well known baker that gets accolades by the likes of Jaques Pepin.
I’ve only ever been to their outpost at the airport. And even in those less than ideal kitchen facilities, it’s good shit.

LaFarm is the truth ... and opening not too far from me, which is not great for my carb intake but otherwise appreciated.

A thick slice of their sourdough with a (non)healthy amount of butter spread over with maybe some ham on it. Lord, it's heaven.

A thick slice of their sourdough with a (non)healthy amount of butter spread over with maybe some ham on it. Lord, it's heaven.
Honestly ... if there's a thing I even vaguely like from any bakery, then LaFarm's version of it is at least as good as any I've had ... other than in actual France. Or Germany, honestly. German bakeries don't get enough hype.

Old German Bakery in Hoboken NJ is 2 blocks from that CakeBoss guy but 100x better.
Their Quark Balls are amazing.

Honestly ... if there's a thing I even vaguely like from any bakery, then LaFarm's version of it is at least as good as any I've had ... other than in actual France. Or Germany, honestly. German bakeries don't get enough hype.
There was a German bakery in Oxford that was just awesome but they closed many years ago. What I’m really missing is an honest to goodness Italian bakery. As if I’m not fat enough already.

NC State, UNC heading for ACHA Division 1 in hockey in a new conference currently featuring 4 teams ... State, Carolina, Louisville and Alabama. They'll need to add two more to compete at the D1 level next season. Liberty is currently a D1 independent so you'd think they'd be a fit. Duke, Va Tech and UVa are D2 and might eventually bump up as well. ACHA is the highest level of non-NCAA hockey in the US, and both State and Carolina have established, successful Division 2 programs.

Back