• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2019-Whenever Misc. Grab Bag Thread

I don’t know if the Bills have an epic offense or Detroit has the most inept defense in league history, but this is one-sided so far.
 
Ummmm. CJ Bailey and Doeren better have secret service protection when they drive to campus tonight. Yikes that was ‘special’

Wonder If Dave still thinks he is a Heisman candidate after 3 games
 
What an epic screw up.
I have to assume we had no future NASA mission specialists in on that play.

Stupidest play I have ever seen. And for those who understand, f/b was coached by Monte Kiffina and Tom Reed for my 4 years at State.
 
I have to assume we had no future NASA mission specialists in on that play.

Stupidest play I have ever seen. And for those who understand, f/b was coached by Monte Kiffina and Tom Reed for my 4 years at State.
I've never seen a coach go so ballistic at his own team as Kiffin did (at least that's how I remember it) when they fumbled three straight center snaps.
 
The play itself wasn't the wrong thing to do, but the execution by CJ Bailey is inexcusable.

That is a probably a combination of poor coaching and a complete lack of situational awareness by Bailey, who could have basically done ANYTHING else other than allow himself to get hit. If CJ has legit NFL aspirations, being unable to handle a play like that is not going to do him any favors.
 
He always looks all world in that stadium, and he was far from the problem against the Bears. It would be nice if he could just settle in at this level and be consistent. We'll see.
I’m not basing it on one game. He’s been good since the middle of last season where he got his confidence and the light came on. There is never a guarantee for a qb in the league, but he’s done a 180 from his first couple of seasons and there is room for real optimism…. Finally
 
I have to assume we had no future NASA mission specialists in on that play.

Stupidest play I have ever seen. And for those who understand, f/b was coached by Monte Kiffina and Tom Reed for my 4 years at State.
It was worse than “The Fumble” in the Giants/Eagles Game in 1978 when Joe Pisarcik put the ball on Larry Csonka’s hip instead of his hands. That bastard Herman Edwards scored right in front of me and then I had to get on a train back to Philly.

But that fumble led to a housecleaning with the Giants. George Young was hired as the GM, he brought Ray Perkins in as coach. In 1981, the Giants made the playoffs for the first time since the merger. When Perkins jumped to Alabama, Bill Parcells was promoted from DC and the Giants went to the playoffs 5 times in his 8 years and won 2 Super Bowls.
 
The play itself wasn't the wrong thing to do, but the execution by CJ Bailey is inexcusable.

That is a probably a combination of poor coaching and a complete lack of situational awareness by Bailey, who could have basically done ANYTHING else other than allow himself to get hit. If CJ has legit NFL aspirations, being unable to handle a play like that is not going to do him any favors.
He's done stuff like that before, just not so specifically with the game on the line. CJ's not the brightest bulb in the fixture and his handle has always been iffy. I can't imagine him in the NFL because he just doesn't process that well, plus the stick bug frame. He's an effective college QB though and can be fun to watch when he's on, which is about as good as you can get under the current system with State's budget. Seems like a nice kid, so I hate to see him carrying this one, but ... yeah. Tuck that thing and take a knee, son.
 
Came across this old stuff today, in a stack of old sports and concert tickets. Many Greensboro games with prices ranging from $0.00 (I won several times on local radio giveaways), to $15, 25 and 40 bucks. The $40 one is a playoff game against Boston.
Now if I could just find my programs. I have all of the first season programs, signed by the players in the covers. And the opening night programs signed by a bunch of players including Francis ( he was there, but on the enemy team)
 

Attachments

  • 20260925_132341.jpg
    20260925_132341.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Carolina and Bryce Young are doing their best to help Cleveland.

Bryce was fine playing behind the worst line in history. They are playing what 3 backups and he was running for his life and was still productive leading them on a game winning drive…….until defense shit the bed. They played great for 3 quarters and 12 minutes then they just fell asleep. I’m ready for Ejiro to get out of town.
 
Bryce was fine playing behind the worst line in history. They are playing what 3 backups and he was running for his life and was still productive leading them on a game winning drive…….until defense shit the bed. They played great for 3 quarters and 12 minutes then they just fell asleep. I’m ready for Ejiro to get out of town.
We helped Cleveland with 10 points
 
Back
Top