• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2021-22 Training Camp

Isn't that the cross check they're trying to get out of the game? Never called for us.

Isn't that the cross check they're trying to get out of the game? Never called for us.
They aren't really trying to do anything. They'll be strict about it until March when the games start to matter and playoff berths are up for grabs. Then they'll slowly begin taking their foot off the gas and by the time the playoffs start it will be "What crosschecking?"

STL has placed Logan Brown on waivers, might be a helpful pickup for Habs, allowing Poehling to get more AHL experience and buy time.

Perreault - Brown - Lekhonen

We can play RP in Laval and Brown in Montreal. T wouldn't hurt building our depth. Poehling blew it in camp and will be mostly watching games from the stands anyway.

Brown serves no purpose , let RP play

If Brown was any good he would be in Ottawa with all their injuries

Only players in his way are filler players who are gone after this year

Brown serves no purpose , let RP play

If Brown was any good he would be in Ottawa with all their injuries

Only players in his way are filler players who are gone after this year

Brown is no longer in Ottawa, he got traded to the Blues. And he was pretty much injured all last year. He just give us a young body with some upside and give Poehling more time in Laval. I don't think it hurts to have one more center. That being said Barre-Boulet is more intriguing right now.

Poehling can't even beat Paquette for the job even it was pretty much handed to him..

Brown is no longer in Ottawa, he got traded to the Blues. And he was pretty much injured all last year. He just give us a young body with some upside and give Poehling more time in Laval. I don't think it hurts to have one more center. That being said Barre-Boulet is more intriguing right now.

Poehling can't even beat Paquette for the job even it was pretty much handed to him..

Paquette is injured and is nothing but a depth filler . Who else is standing in his way that may have a future with us

Perreault, Belzile , Pezzetta , this is nonsense

He played with trash all preseason and team has plenty of injuries

Show some confidence with the kid , and tell him this is your shot on the fourth line .

If team was loaded with depth fine , but we just picked up vet slugs for spots who are gone next year

Team is going nowhere this year , work with your kids .

Normally I'd agree with you but the fact is he was given that spot to lose, and he kinda blew it in camp, and given that he can be sent to the minors without waivers, might as well try to bolster our very thin center line for free in the process.

If Poehling wasn't a 1st round pick, nobody would care. And it's not like the guys we're talking about were journeyman veterans, they are legit young prospects in their own rights, both outpacing Poehling's career in the AHL.

I would have no problem picking up Brown and/or ABB because I want to see if we can make something out of them.

Even if this team, including Weber, was fully healthy and Price didn't have to take a leave of absence, I didn't think very much of this edition. I have them finishing 5th in the division, maybe even 6th. This season's going to be tough and I'm all for taking chances on other teams' discarded players.

If it doesn't work with Brown, put him on waivers and send him to the AHL. I would much rather have Poehling/Brown/ABB on the roster than Perreault/Paquette/Belzile. And, if Poehling isn't going to be playing regularly, I'd rather see him in the AHL. He needs to play, either in the AHL or NHL.

I would have no problem picking up Brown and/or ABB because I want to see if we can make something out of them.

Even if this team, including Weber, was fully healthy and Price didn't have to take a leave of absence, I didn't think very much of this edition. I have them finishing 5th in the division, maybe even 6th. This season's going to be tough and I'm all for taking chances on other teams' discarded players.

If it doesn't work with Brown, put him on waivers and send him to the AHL. I would much rather have Poehling/Brown/ABB on the roster than Perreault/Paquette/Belzile. And, if Poehling isn't going to be playing regularly, I'd rather see him in the AHL. He needs to play, either in the AHL or NHL.

Exactly my thoughts as well.

I don't have a good feeling for this season, a bad offseason tends to carry to the regular season, and this was a doozy.

Back