• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2021 Draft Thread

Same draft as this one .....top 5 ...mystery who is going to emerge

I am no prospects expert nor do I follow the draft eligible players closely, but there is no way Makar and Heiskanen should not have been 1-2. The disparity within the first two years of the draft between those two and the other three (even in a toss up year) is ridiculous. Maybe those GM's were going by the "dont draft a D" theory.

I am no prospects expert nor do I follow the draft eligible players closely, but there is no way Makar and Heiskanen should not have been 1-2. The disparity within the first two years of the draft between those two and the other three (even in a toss up year) is ridiculous. Maybe those GM's were going by the "dont draft a D" theory.

Nico and Nolan were 1-2 even though both were not elite prospects and had concerns

Makar was rated top 5 , EP and Miro were not top 5 on some boards

...The draft is synonymous with gambling, what are you talking about? If you want to argue it's a bigger gamble, that wee don't have enough information to justify taking a d-man over a forward, then fine.
That's what i'm saying...

Even Makar, not a lot of teams were thinking of taking him #1....heck they even took Heiskanen before him....

The point is I cannot remember the last dmen that went #1 and was truly the best of his draft year....it's been a while....maybe Dahlin, time will tell....

The previous 30 years are proof.....and yes, it's because they take more time to develop (as you mentioned).

That's what i'm saying...

Even Makar, not a lot of teams were thinking of taking him #1....heck they even took Heiskanen before him....

The point is I cannot remember the last dmen that went #1 and was truly the best of his draft year....it's been a while....maybe Dahlin, time will tell....

The previous 30 years are proof.....and yes, it's because they take more time to develop (as you mentioned).
Denis Potvin. I think that's it.

Hamrlik was close but edged by Gonchar in his draft.

Also I think Jovanoski was the best from his class.

Last edited:
Cossa’s stats from hockey Canada says he is 6’7 now. Last I seen it should 6’6. Either way that’s a big goalie.

Back