• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2021 Hurricanes Miscellaneous Thread

Sebastian Aho was named the Central,Division Star of the Month for April. He had 18 points in 16 games and closed the month on a 6 game point streak. The Canes also earned the most points in the league in April with 24.

Ned's new lid (Yes I double posted both in the game and this thread. if that's a problem remove the one that's the problem.

The Canes got no help from Arizona last night, losing to Vegas in OT. The Yotes scored 2 in the 3rd to tie it but took a too many men penalty in OT and Marchessault won it. Vegas is 1 point behind the Canes with 1 game in hand.

In things that probably matter ... Nashville got an OT winner from Huala against the Stars to put a big fat dagger into Dallas. That win doesn't wrap up 4th for Nashville, but IIRC it puts a huge dent in Dallas' percentage chances of catching the Preds. Dallas trails by 3 points with 1 game in hand, and trails significantly in regulation wins. It's also the FIFTH time this season that Nashville beat the Stars in extra time ... shootouts and OT. That's bananas.

Detroit did us no favors today, losing to Tampa. Bolts now trail by 2 but we have a game in hand again.

Another day, another story about Brind’Amour’s contract. Elliotte Friedman says that one of the hang ups is that RBA wants extensions for the other coaches and the training and equipment staffs, none of whom have contracts for next year.

If true that is am interesting wrinkle. I suspect that is pretty unprecedented and something Dundon didn't anticipate as a consequence of his approach to paying non-player personnel.

My 2 seats at least for round 1 get moved back to the row behind my usual row in my usual Lower Level North section.

Season Ticket members WHO CURRENTLY HAVE 20-21 SEATS VIA THE PLANS THEY OFFERED have until May 6th to lock in their playoff seats. That May 10th date will be when whatever is unclaimed or left for sale for round 1 will go up for sale to STMs in general, and they are claiming that will be handled by "account priority and plan size". There is going to be very little left on May 10th to pick at, and if you want to pick at it, your plan size (full, 22, 11) AND how long you have been an STM is going to be a factor in terms of who gets first crack at the limited tickets left.

From my situation, I would like to add 2 more strips (seats) for round 1....I suspect that I'm going to get shut out of that. Round 2 and 3 (assuming we get there) they are HOPING will allow for expanded capacity and more opportunities for STMs. If you are not an STM or are but end up completely shut out of round 1, I expect that the secondary market for round 1 tickets will be ridiculous.

My time is Monday the 10th at 10am.. (I have 1998 priority)... planning to try for a couple; ready to go back to the arena since we've both got the pokes

Last edited:
If any of you end up with an extra seat for a game or 2 PM I’d like to buy and go. My connection won’t work for playoff tickets this year. Slim Pickins

My time is Monday the 10th at 10am.. (I have 1998 priority)... planning to try for a couple; ready to go back to the arena since we've both got the pokes
Mine too, but I’m looking to change my location. We took the 13 game plan this year for April and May and the only 2 seat pod below the 300s was in 215. My rep called me and asked if we wanted to move back to our regular seats in 122 or even across the ice in 101. We told him we didn’t want 101, my wife has an irrational hatred of sitting on that side, we wanted 122 or the seats we had in 215. When we got our invoice this morning, our seats were in 101. Called my rep and he said we’d have to try on Monday, he can’t change seats.

1PM on May 10th is my time slot for the leftovers, so I can confirm you are getting priority :) I don't expect there will be anything left by 1PM, at least I have my 2 tickets already. Going to be a battle though for who of the 4 of my family gets to go for round 1.

Yeah ... and keep in mind that there's a very good chance that capacity will be increased should the Canes keep going past the end of May. I've been told that's everything but a done deal ... pending vax rates and other metrics.

Back