• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2023-24 NHL Misc. Thread

The rumor mill is working overtime that New Englander Johnny Forslund will leave the Kraken to take that job

View: https://twitter.com/DavyJonesLR/status/1780386606027034640

I think that's purely rumor. NESN had used former Kings play by play guy Alex Faust to cover for Edwards a few times and he's quite good. I'd assume they already have a plan in place to make that change. Not sure what happened with Faust in LA but at one time he was considered a bright young light in the business.

Even weirder to have two full nights of games left with maybe two of them meaning anything at all. At least the Canes are done and only had one fake game to endure.

The fact the capitals got in because Torts pulled his goalie in a tie game thinking he had to win in regulation (when they had already been eliminated 10 minutes earlier) is f’ing hilarious. I can’t believe that’s how those turds got in.

To be fair to everyone involved, the timing was sort of bonkers and that Detroit game was swinging around like hyperactive dog with a rope chew.

Am I correct in thinking that the only hold up is the Oilers game tonight? If the Oilers win, would it change the Western matchups?
The west is still a mess. All teams are decided but positions can change. Edmonton can catch Vancouver to win the division and Vegas can catch LA to flip positions. And while Winnipeg/Colorado is locked as a series, they can swap positions for home ice.

At the time the Flyers pulled their goalie in a tie game Detroit was losing their game.
Yeah the timing of things really screwed Detroit last night...if Torts already knows the Wings had won earlier in that 1-1 game he is probably happy to take the Caps to overtime and the Wings get in over the Caps. Take things a step further and if the Wings would have actually beat the Caps when they had the chance last week and the week before they would have already been in...

The Wild re-signed Marc-Andre Fleury, 1 year, $2.5 million.

The Flyers signed their gift from the Canes for TDA, Massimo Rizzo to his entry level contract.

NHL Governors meeting today at 3 to discuss the Coyotes sale/relocation. Per LeBrun, the league has asked that only 1 governor per team be on the call.

NHL Governors meeting today at 3 to discuss the Coyotes sale/relocation. Per LeBrun, the league has asked that only 1 governor per team be on the call.
Do we have any favorite names for the Utah team??? Online the front runner seems to be the Utah Yeti...much to the chagrin of some, the Stormin Mormons and Utah Sister Wives is a no go.

Executive committee approved the sale/relocaction in principle yesterday ... fwiw

Do we have any favorite names for the Utah team??? Online the front runner seems to be the Utah Yeti...much to the chagrin of some, the Stormin Mormons and Utah Sister Wives is a no go.
The long term minor league franchise name associated with the market is the Golden Eagles, which is seen as a bit dull and a bit too close to Vegas' Golden Knights. That's kind of sad, because I believe that the ties to past are important and too often overlooked. Joke names are dumb and best avoided IMO. I'll never take the Kraken seriously and Yeti certainly fits into that category as well.

FWIW, the Coyotes won what is almost certainly going to be their last home game in the greater Phoenix area last night in front of a sellout crowd of 4,600. RIP you desert dogs and former jets.

Back