• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2023-24 NHL Misc. Thread

Georgiev led NHL goalies in wins this season. He started 62 games for Colorado (despite the less than stellar numbers all season). I don't see any realistic scenario where Colorado turns the series over to Justus Annunen unless Georgiev craps out spectacularly in Game 2.

Georgiev led NHL goalies in wins this season. He started 62 games for Colorado (despite the less than stellar numbers all season). I don't see any realistic scenario where Colorado turns the series over to Justus Annunen unless Georgiev craps out spectacularly in Game 2.
Wins, yes ... but only because he played behind THAT team. He has sucked all year. And I'm fine with that. I hope Colorado burns out early, because I'm WAY over the hype with that team.

But they rolled him out there, over and over and over again. Kind of late in the game to try to change directly completely. If Colorado wanted a better goalie they should have traded for Jake Allen. I don't at all understand how they went the entire season without trying to find a legit 1B.

Yeah, that was my point. Even if they had gone for somebody more off brand than Allen, it's ridiculous that they didn't take any heat for not making a move for a more seasoned backup than Annunen. But the hockey press are absolutely drunk on everything Vegas and Colorado do for some reason.

Yeah, that was my point. Even if they had gone for somebody more off brand than Allen, it's ridiculous that they didn't take any heat for not making a move for a more seasoned backup than Annunen. But the hockey press are absolutely drunk on everything Vegas and Colorado do for some reason.
They started the season with Ivan Prosvetov as the backup. He had all of 13 games experience with Arizona before being claimed off waivers on 10/9 and signing with the Avs. He played 11 games, started 8 and by mid-January, he was gone, back on waivers, this time unclaimed, and sent to the Colorado Eagles, where he actually had a decent season, 2.33/.921 in 21 games.

But really, their problems started last year. Pavel Francouz was limited to 16 games last season and had adductor surgery over the summer. In his absence last year, they used Annunen, Jonas Johansson and Keith Kinkaid while Georgiev started 62 games. Francouz is done, he announced his retirement over the weekend. So theyre back to where they were last summer, unless they think Annunen is the guy to back up next season.

Flyers signed goalie Ivan Fedotov to an extension, 2 years/$6.5 million. He only played 3 games for the Flyers but was lights out in the KHL for 4 years.

And you just know the "hockey men" will pat Adams on the head for making a great hire. In truth, unless you're going to go find another Bruno to explain how the game is played these days to the old fart, this was about as dumb as it gets.
Yeah, I have a friend that is a Devils fan and he was pissed that they retained Ruff and let Brunette walk.

Yeah, I have a friend that is a Devils fan and he was pissed that they retained Ruff and let Brunette walk.
Dumbest thing Fitzgerald has done as GM. And a decision that's going to haunt him, I think. He knew the Metro press would scream bloody murder if he canned Lindy after the season they had, but he also knew that Bruno was responsible for most of it.

Back