• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2023-24 NHL Misc. Thread

However it turns out you have to give the Rangers credit. We were four points back with two games in hand after the All Star break and went 24-7-2 since then. So they've actually picked up a point on us. That Skjei own goal was a doozie in the grand scheme of things.

So ... is winning the President's Trophy good or bad then. Based on what everyone's said in years past, I'd guess bad.

So ... is winning the President's Trophy good or bad then. Based on what everyone's said in years past, I'd guess bad.
If there's a five way tie at 113 points and we win on the RW tiebreaker, I might argue that the bad karma would get split equally among all the teams, regardless.

So, a Tampa-Vegas final.

Rempe pussed out on Imama’s first invitation. After the beating he took from him before, I don’t blame him I guess

He might get brave once his team his up a few goals

If you like chaos, root for the Flyers against the Caps tonight. A Caps regulation win gives them the 2nd wild card. But anything else? Frank Seravalli explains.

View: https://x.com/frank_seravalli/status/1780057637062692926?s=61&t=ZT8KDHkGMyk7V3JAuh5_ag

Torts pep talk for the Flyers in 3...2...1

What a game in Motown last night, that crowd was jumping late third and the OT and boy that fanbase is itching for some post season hockey.

I would love to see the Flyers beat the Caps tonight and have the Wings get in, Caps will be stretched thin tonight on the back to back after playing a tough one last night vs the Bruins.

Imagine a scenario where two teams are tied on GD with that as the decider, and one team has a lead late but needs to build GD because of what their opponent has done, so they pull the goalie with the lead, then while they're trying to score, in the other game, the other team gives up a goal, so now the first team is furiously trying to get their goalie back on the ice without giving up an empty netter or getting caught with too many men.

I hope that happens someday.

Back