• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2023-24 NHL Misc. Thread

Interesting fact I just figured out. At least to me anyway. Bostons Mason Lohrei is the son of Dave Lohrei who was a coach for the Fayetteville Force when I worked for them. He was coaching in ECHL in Louisiana when Mason was born.

Leafs with Matthews/Samsonov and not Nylander/Woll: 1-2
With Nylander/Woll and not Matthews/Samsonov: 2-0

The secret sauce is not so secret.

The Pens whacked associate head coach Todd Reirden. According to Frank Seravalli, head coach Mike Sullivan wanted to keep the star intact, so this is Dubas’ doing.

The Pens whacked associate head coach Todd Reirden. According to Frank Seravalli, head coach Mike Sullivan wanted to keep the star intact, so this is Dubas’ doing.
Umm ... whatever. Coaching is NOT their problem. Never has been. If he had whacked Sullivan, that dude would have had a new job the next day.

Umm ... whatever. Coaching is NOT their problem. Never has been. If he had whacked Sullivan, that dude would have had a new job the next day.
Next will be the stick boy as the sticks they use in games don’t produce enough goals nor stop enough goals.

Not a Leafs fan, but I SO want the Bruins to lose after being up 3-1 for the second consecutive year.

Jim
Well, if you remove the Toronto-ness of the thing, Boston have been doing it on goaltending and attitude all season so it's not huge shock to see them struggle in the playoffs. Their centers are all middle or bottom six guys and that's a recipe for real trouble in the playoffs.

Either way ... good to see a couple of Game 7s out of the first round. Both series have devolved into defensive stalemates, so I'm hoping the nerves will lead to some freaking scoring. The last three non-Canes games I've watched were all late-90s style dull.

Back