• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2023 Draft and UFA Thread

Apparently There's a bidding war for the chance to draft Michkov with our pick, Hughes supposedly has 5 offers he's pondering.

I expect he'll take advantage and trade down.

Akos.
Chipchura
Price
Fischer
McDonagh
Max Pac
Leblanc
Tinordi
Beaulieu
Chuck
McCarron
Sherbak
Juulsen
Serg
Poehling
KK
CC
The rest are too early to tell.
So we went 1 for 3 in the top 5
Had 2 decent picks we traded before playing for us. Probably 2 of the top 5 we drafted.
Had 2 good wingers.

So of the 16 picks. 5 have been good. But 2 were traded away. So 3. We have 3 decent picks since 2003. But ppl are worried about drafting a bust?
Do you prefer ZERO? 😎

Apparently There's a bidding war for the chance to draft Michkov with our pick, Hughes supposedly has 5 offers he's pondering.

I expect he'll take advantage and trade down.
This is why he's done what he's done. He's gauging interest and seeing if he can get a ransom. If not he'll just take Michkov. I do not think they have an issue taking him.

Let's pick the top 5 and see who was closest to being right:

1. Bedsy
2. Fantilli
3. Leo
4. Michkov
5. Smith
Bedard, Fantilli, Leo, Smith, Michkov

Bold Prediction: Ducks select Fantilli, while the Habs are OTC they trade #5, Dvorak and Harris for Fantilli.

My own personal take (not that it's worth anything or groundbreaking in any way):

GOOD WITH - Smith, Carlsson, Michkov, Fantilli (if the price to trade up isn't overly outrageous).

SURE, THAT'S FINE - Leonard

I CAN LIVE WITH THAT, BUT WOULD RATHER TRADE DOWN TO GET HIM - Reinbacher, Benson

Not really thinking about anyone else at this point.

My own personal take (not that it's worth anything or groundbreaking in any way):

GOOD WITH - Smith, Carlsson, Michkov, Fantilli (if the price to trade up isn't overly outrageous).

I CAN LIVE WITH THAT, BUT WOULD RATHER TRADE DOWN TO GET HIM - Reinbacher, Benson

I’d rather trade down than take Leonard, Reinbacher or Benson @ 5.

So that means they take Dvorsky right???

If MM is still there at 5, sure. But if not, I actaully prefer Leonard to Smith (if Smith is there) but not Carlsson, if he's there. No chance that Fantilli slides to 5.
yeah he only slides if he's caught in an orgy with daughters of GMs 2-4 or with a circus midget before 5pm PT

Back