• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2023 Draft and UFA Thread

Krust told me it would have NO effect...
This wasn't an easy draft to predict. Even listening to Hughes you can see they went somewhere he didn't want to go but the bosses are the bosses. Molson stepped in and had Gorton veto Hughes.

When they reacquired the team it went back to the political concerns.

This wasn't an easy draft to predict. Even listening to Hughes you can see they went somewhere he didn't want to go but the bosses are the bosses. Molson stepped in and had Gorton veto Hughes.

When they reacquired the team it went back to the political concerns.

I haven't been listening to all the PCs but are you saying that Hughes wanted a forward? Possibly Michkov? Molson's track record has been terrible, hasn't he learned by now? lol

I haven't been listening to all the PCs but are you saying that Hughes wanted a forward? Possibly Michkov? Molson's track record has been terrible, hasn't he learned by now? lol
Yes. Ch1pper will doubt it but it's been going on for awhile now. A dearth of Russian and Swedish players although the latter puzzles me.

Not a great quote.

That quote sets me off. But the more I read about it, the more it boils down to the amount of information available. Pretty much everyone in the org saw Reinbacher multiple times and everyone liked him, they had mountains of data on the guy. Versus nobody in the org saw Michkov besides videos. So it was really about drafting blind vs drafting with confidence. At #5, if you really like a guy that you think will be a top pair defensemen for you, and you know the team at #6 will jump on him if available, that's pretty defensible.

Why because he couldn't answer their stupid questions properly? Like if you were a barnyard animal, what animal would you be and why?
I believe Hughes's excuse. There are some issues with Michkov's game and skating that may not translate as well. Kucherov and OV are much better skaters.

In the end I'm positive this was politically motivated simply because they went with one of the safest and surest picks in the draft. Reinbacher will be in the NHL likely season after next. "Expedited retool".

Also, the fact that Hughes uses the term retool instead of rebuild should tell something to the Timepieces and others that need to Ch1ll. It's not a rebuild and it's not half way through. It's a retool and it's 75% through.

Back