• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2023 Draft and UFA Thread

If they're right, and many other teams agreed, Reinbacher is a sure thing. Just don't know if he's top four or top two.

It's the difference between having the guts to say "Fuck the fans" or the cowardice not to say it. A proper rebuild involves pain. You don't just trim fat, you cut into bone and sinew. A "retool" is just a euphemism for "We don't have the guts to actually burn it to the ground and start over so we'll band-aid it and hope to get lucky with a fluke playoff run that will keep everyone employed another year."

Case in point, they fired Timmins but his brain-dead, risk-averse scouting staff kept their jobs. That's why they copped out and passed on Michkov last night. All fucking make believe.
the last two years were painful as hell

If a rebuild means only using draft picks then that's stupid, teams should use all the tools available.

The only guy we traded for are from the same draft year as Caufield, so now we have 3 first round draft picks that are 22 and already NHLers, that's pretty good and part of a rebuild, albeit accelerated.

Seems like our defense is pretty set now. In 2 years from now we'll be rid of all the previous org pieces that don't fit with the future, minus Gallagher.

I'm on the side of accelerated rebuild vs retool, from me retool is taking a short break from being competitive to reloads on players while keeping your core intact. That was never really our case as we pretty much got rid of all our core from our competitive year (singular).
You and your logic & pragmatism…. pfffftt!

Back