• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2023 Draft and UFA Thread

with him on LTIR, they're 5 mill over. They still need to get camp compliant at some point

Will be interesting to see how they do it. Need to find someone to eat Murray and/or Brodie's contracts

Then I don’t quite follow how the off-season cap/LTIR dynamic works. When do they need to be compliant? Because my understanding is that LTIRs count against the cap until a certain date and then they are struck off the books.

Then I don’t quite follow how the off-season cap/LTIR dynamic works. When do they need to be compliant? Because my understanding is that LTIRs count against the cap until a certain date and then they are struck off the books.
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you have to be cap compliant on September 1stand can't place people on LTIR until something like October 1st??

Teams can be up to 10% above the cap before the year starts, but once they reach the due-date to finalize the rosters, something like 3-4 days before the first game of the season, they need to be under the cap before they can place their players on LTIR.

There's a bunch of ways of doing this, for example sending your waivers-excluded players to the AHL for all of 15 minutes, get the players on LTIR, and then just call them back up.

Teams can be up to 10% above the cap before the year starts, but once they reach the due-date to finalize the rosters, something like 3-4 days before the first game of the season, they need to be under the cap before they can place their players on LTIR.

There's a bunch of ways of doing this, for example sending your waivers-excluded players to the AHL for all of 15 minutes, get the players on LTIR, and then just call them back up.

Thanks. Seems manageable for TML.

Back