• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2024 Draft

But to add, from the info from "insiders", Catton doesn't appear to be on the short list for Montreal, which I'm not overly surprised.

Another fun question from Brunet, would you trade Caufield for the 6th OA pick from Utah? I wouldn't but it does open up some options.

Another fun question from Brunet, would you trade Caufield for the 6th OA pick from Utah? I wouldn't but it does open up some options.
Yes, a team that has great difficulty scoring should trade a 30-40 goal scorer. Definitely makes sense. I’ve always said that even the “intelligent” members of the French sports media are complete mediocrities. Case in point.

I think Suzuki, Matheson etc. are pissed if you trade Caufield for a draft pick. Has to be an roster player for right now, not a rookie who might show up in 25-26.
For sure they would be pissed. Plus we have to give him a third year. His shooting percentage will increases as will his value.

Or flip 6 for 9-12 and take Eiserman

Basically if I'm assured Eiserman I say bye Cole.

I don’t care about that, it makes zero sense to trade him from a purely hockey perspective. The team can barely score. But he can/does.

Anyone can be traded, including him.

But trading him for a draft pick is exactly the problem from a roster building perspective. It totally screws up the roster and leaves the middle age guys out to dry. It’s a big problem IMO.

I don’t care about that, it makes zero sense to trade him from a purely hockey perspective. The team can barely score. But he can/does.
More & more media types are reporting this is a mediocre to avg at best draft cuvée - Pronnan was the latest to do so yesterday

Anyone can be traded, including him.

But trading him for a draft pick is exactly the problem from a roster building perspective. It totally screws up the roster and leaves the middle age guys out to dry. It’s a big problem IMO.
Can and should are different things.

Media types like forwards. I think the defensive prospects will shine in a few years and the draft is remembered as a good one.
Dman hit their stride in mid-20s which is why a significant # of top Dman are found past 1st round and a lot of 1st rounders bust.

Add to it the nature of the position makes them more prone to injury

If I can turn Caufield into Eiserman I do it. I'll take the five inches taller and better shot

If I can turn Caufield into Eiserman I do it. I'll take the five inches taller and better shot
I'd like to add Eiserman to Caufield, not replace Caufield with Eiserman. That would be largely pointless. Caufield is a much bigger play driver than Eiserman.

Last edited:
Back