• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2024 Draft

Boisvert has him quite low. Anyway, will listen to the podcast during the commute to get the story.
Last time I heard him, he had cooled off on him and didn't think he had that much offensive upside. I also heard another scout saying that he didn't have especially good playoffs. But otherwise most scouts seems to love him, and he's RHD.

Boisvert scouted for a couple of years for one team in the Q. He’s about as “knowledgable” as the rest of us here. At least Grant actually worked for an NHL team.

Boisvert scouted for a couple of years for one team in the Q. He’s about as “knowledgable” as the rest of us here. At least Grant actually worked for an NHL team.
He watched easily 100000 times more prospects minutes than I do, so I'm not going to compare my knowledge of prospects that I have through watching 10-15 minutes of clips and reading a few articles with him watching a large number of full games.

I don't give him any more credit than the other amateur scouts, sometimes he's right but other times he's spectacularly wrong. The nicer thing about him is that he doesn't follow consensus, somewhat like Button. But I find him to also be a bit arrogant.

I don't give him any more credit than the other amateur scouts, sometimes he's right but other times he's spectacularly wrong. The nicer thing about him is that he doesn't follow consensus, somewhat like Button. But I find him to also be a bit arrogant.
I don't find him arrogant. He is the first one to say that he has blown a lot of predictions through the years. If you want arrogance without substance then look no further than McCagg. There is no hill too small for him not to fight and die on. He is beyond petty.

What I like about Boisvert is that he has strong opinions and stands on them.

In the world of hockey, especially in the draft domain, where conformity is more important than anything else, I like people who are willing to make predictions and stand on them.

Boisvert's not perfect, obviously. But he made claims that were seen as insane at the time, that have since become prophetic.

He has a lot of hits, and while he does have misses, he's the best at identifying prospects with talent where we have access to his thoughts.

I don't find him arrogant. He is the first one to say that he has blown a lot of predictions through the years. If you want arrogance without substance then look no further than McCagg. There is no hill too small for him not to fight and die on. He is beyond petty.
McCagg is definitely arrogant. I do appreciate Boisvert self-awareness for his misses, and understanding what he missed at the time. Boisvert has a bit of i-know-better-than-you attitude that I find annoying with everyone that disagree with him.

What I like about Boisvert is that he has strong opinions and stands on them.

In the world of hockey, especially in the draft domain, where conformity is more important than anything else, I like people who are willing to make predictions and stand on them.

Boisvert's not perfect, obviously. But he made claims that were seen as insane at the time, that have since become prophetic.

He has a lot of hits, and while he does have misses, he's the best at identifying prospects with talent where we have access to his thoughts.
You know why he can be a non conformist, because he doesn’t have to feel the repercussions of getting canned for his stupidity

You know why he can be a non conformist, because he doesn’t have to feel the repercussions of getting canned for his stupidity
A laughable claim as always, but feel free to run with it.

What I find cute with your dislike for Boisvert is that you can't actually explain why you don't like him. Every time, it boils down to ad hominem attacks with no actual substance.

Boisvert's track record is, quite literally, the best of any media scout online.

Literally.

And the usual "well then why doesn't he work for an NHL team if he's so good" argument, like you don't know how the NHL works and how you need to be friends of a friend to get in the front door.

Last edited:
A laughable claim, but feel free to run with it.
“the snake” is a genius in his own mind -Tulsky is a non hockey guy, never played the game at any level, never even watched the game but used his PHD background applying anaytics for DNA sequencing towards hockey analytics and Canes hired him.

Billion $ businesses are scouring the earth for game changing brilliant minds…

Back