• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2024 Draft

Nope.

But I would trade one of Engstrom/Hutson/Mailloux for him, straight up. (On the condition that he signs he ELC immediately)

We should have taken a Russian forward last year so I'm pouting and don't want one this year (Demidov).

I'll go with Igina and then Cole Eiserman(regardless of his seemingly fallen stock) as my choices in that order. I don't really care if we do take a defenceman, and if so Buium would probably be my choice. I like Levshunov, but probably wouldn't take him at #5.

The thought of having Demidov + McGroarty on this team changes the outlook both short-term & long-term.

We all know we have too many prospects on defense, and even in the best of cases, we can't keep 'em all. We're going to have to trade some eventually. Well, there's our opening. A potential top-6 forward, probably more second line than first, that is 20 years old and looking to start playing pro hockey. Let's get a move on, shall we?

The thought of having Demidov + McGroarty on this team changes the outlook both short-term & long-term.

We all know we have too many prospects on defense, and even in the best of cases, we can't keep 'em all. We're going to have to trade some eventually. Well, there's our opening. A potential top-6 forward, probably more second line than first, that is 20 years old and looking to start playing pro hockey. Let's get a move on, shall we?
Assuming Demigod can be brought over after next season…

Assuming Demigod can be brought over after next season…
And even if he isn't here for another calendar year, whatever. That's still a nice looking top-6.

Edit: I misread, but I think he'll be here for the 2025-2026 season. Every indication points to him wanting to transition to North America.

Last edited:
Hutson doesn’t fit the profile Chevaldayoff seeks - Jets like players w size . Mailloux fits their profile & need (top-4 RD)
They can have him. Choose one of Mailloux, Hutson or Engstrom and we'll take McGroarty... conditional on him signing an ELC.

I think Sal is right, they would want 5OA as part of a deal.

If they want the 5th overall pick, then no thanks. Although Sal's deal is two players for our 5th overall, which I would do, but Winnipeg wouldn't.

Back