• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2024 Draft

They’re all full of shit.
They’re not. Montreal is too small of a city with too many people connected, you just have to know how to read the smoke signs. Annoyingly to you, the tea leaves have been pretty accurate in the past few years. Hell i don’t think I even know what’s your preferred pick, hiding behind what you think we will draft. I’ve made myself pretty clear that Demidov is my favorite pick, I’d probably go Sennecke, Limdstrom, Buium after that. I love Catton, I just don’t see him as a realistic fit with our team but he’s going to be a good one.

Reactions: CH1
It always bothered me that you have "musicians" (if you can call Drake that) who don't write their own songs. I have no idea if Drake knows how to play actual instruments, but I'd bet you his manicured fingers have more experience on 16 year old girls than they do on any guitar. At least if he knew how to play the piano and compensated for not writing his own shit, I'd give him somewhat of a pass. But...

Could you imagine how crushing it would be if you learned that Bob Dylan had ghostwriters? Or John Millencamp?

Drake's a pop star that's gamed the system, and good on him. But he acts real tough for such a spineless coward. He reminds me of those short videos where a dog is behind a fence, growling and barking at another dog, while showing how tough & aggressive it is. Then, they open the gate, and the dog meekly stops... only to have the gate close and return to how they were before.
Having had the luxury to be around a few famous djs, probably the lowest form of musician you can fathom, it was abundantly clear that any of those people are actually musicians and know their ways around a melody, song, and hook. It was very clear that no one can make it to that level without being really talented and/or fluent in musical theories. I’m sure if you had the chance to sit down with Drake, he would blow your mind in musical knowledge.

Reactions: CH1
Having had the luxury to be around a few famous djs, probably the lowest form of musician you can fathom, it was abundantly clear that any of those people are actually musicians and know their ways around a melody, song, and hook. It was very clear that no one can make it to that level without being really talented and/or fluent in musical theories. I’m sure if you had the chance to sit down with Drake, he would blow your mind in musical knowledge.
He probably would, honestly. If you take someone like Kanye, who is a genuine weirdo, he's a musical genius.

However, what is publicly known about him is:

-Has a shit ton of ghostwriters
-Doesn't make his own beats (at least I think)
-Is known for stealing other musicians's shit
-Suddenly has a Caribbean accent for Scorpions

Drake's a pop star that knows how to make hits.

He probably would, honestly. If you take someone like Kanye, who is a genuine weirdo, he's a musical genius.

However, what is publicly known about him is:

-Has a shit ton of ghostwriters
-Doesn't make his own beats (at least I think)
-Is known for stealing other musicians's shit
-Suddenly has a Caribbean accent for Scorpions

Drake's a pop star that knows how to make hits.
All the hippity-hop guys steal beats from 40+ year old, vastly superior OG funkadelic tunes. Will Smith's entire musical career was nothing but stolen hooks and beats from stuff I listened to on WBLK from Buffalo back in the early 80's.

His offensive game is not said to be on the same level as Buium or Parekh. But from a team building perspective, I could see why he’d be preferred.
The playoffs have shown tough SOB defenders are a must

Montour, Ekholm and Ekblad havent put up big offensive numbers but have been monsters defensively

I think Buium is more of a Devon Toews type while Dick is a mix of Pietro/Ekholm 15 year 2 way studs

Buium needs to get stronger like his older brother but you cant go wrong with either

The playoffs have shown tough SOB defenders are a must

Montour, Ekholm and Ekblad havent put up big offensive numbers but have been monsters defensively

I think Buium is more of a Devon Toews type while Dick is a mix of Pietro/Ekholm 15 year 2 way studs

Buium needs to get stronger like his older brother but you cant go wrong with either
From what I read the knock on Dick is limited offensive potential and questionable hockey sense. Expected to be a solid minutes eater top 4 D. High floor, questionable ceiling.

From what I read the knock on Dick is limited offensive potential and questionable hockey sense. Expected to be a solid minutes eater top 4 D. High floor, questionable ceiling.
Sam was given extra offensive opportunities and nailed it this year

I think he will be the best D in this draft in 4-5 years , a top pair stud

They’re not. Montreal is too small of a city with too many people connected, you just have to know how to read the smoke signs. Annoyingly to you, the tea leaves have been pretty accurate in the past few years. Hell i don’t think I even know what’s your preferred pick, hiding behind what you think we will draft. I’ve made myself pretty clear that Demidov is my favorite pick, I’d probably go Sennecke, Limdstrom, Buium after that. I love Catton, I just don’t see him as a realistic fit with our team but he’s going to be a good one.
Not hiding but my preferences are irrelevant. But since you asked . . . Demidov, Lindstrom, Buium and Iginla, in that order. No interest in anyone else. And if Sennecke turns out to be the best of the bunch, so be it. I wouldn’t risk it.

Last edited:
Sam was given extra offensive opportunities and nailed it this year

I think he will be the best D in this draft in 4-5 years , a top pair stud
You and GGpX seems to like him a lot. I haven’t watched any of the Ds enough to have a solid opinion.

For me it's

Demidov
Lindstrom (medically fine)
Sennecke (I believe he's the real deal)
Iginla (I don't think he'll come closer to a ppg)

Buium looks impressive but another LD?

You and GGpX seems to like him a lot. I haven’t watched any of the Ds enough to have a solid opinion.
I have my buddy`s CHL pass , catch as many games as I can

Sam was a fucken beast this year and took over from Bonk as their horse .

I might be biased but I dont turn down this asset , Habs dont have a legit 1D stud in the pipeline

I dont trust Lindstrom`s durability and Demigod isnt a sure thing IMO

Habs cant fuck up this pick , period.

Not hiding but my preferences are irrelevant. But since you asked . . . Demidov, Lindstrom, Buium and Iginla, in that order. No interest in anyone else. And if Sennecke turns out to be the best of the bunch, so be it. I wouldn’t risk it.
So....we're drafting Lindstrom then. Got it.

I have my buddy`s CHL pass , catch as many games as I can

Sam was a fucken beast this year and took over from Bonk as their horse .

I might be biased but I dont turn down this asset , Habs dont have a legit 1D stud in the pipeline

I dont trust Lindstrom`s durability and Demigod isnt a sure thing IMO

Habs cant fuck up this pick , period.
Buium will be more impactful than Dickinson.

Back