• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2024 Draft

Button's final mock draft.

Top 5:
1. SJ - Celebrini
2. Chi - Demidov
3. Ana - Buium
4. CBJ - Lindstrom
5. Mtl - Iginla

26. Mtl - Basha
I would be very happy with Basha at 26... Hopefully one of Demidov or Lindstrom (provided the medical team is okay with him) at 5.

No way they take Sennecke if Lindstrom is on the board. Demidov is a tough one because I know (doubt all you want) Molson does not want to invest in Russians in the first round. I'm really hoping Demidov breaks that mold because all accounts point to him being of great character along with talent.

If they can make a deal to move up from 26th I'd be cool with taking Dickinson at 5 and Eiserman at whatever spot into which Hughes can maneuver himself to get him.

No way they take Sennecke if Lindstrom is on the board. Demidov is a tough one because I know (doubt all you want) Molson does not want to invest in Russians in the first round. I'm really hoping Demidov breaks that mold because all accounts point to him being of great character along with talent.
Seeing him interviewed with Marinaro yesterday, Demidov didn't come off like a typical Russian douchebag in an Adidas track suit. His demeanor was more like Slaf than Michkov.

Long time no see :). As promised, here are my top 32. I made a point of finding shift-by-shift or complete games for most of the top-16. Especially the top10, Lindstrom aside who is low only due to the back issue. This list, love it or hate it, is my personal opinion, not what I think will happen. I'm looking more at how I see them ranked in around 3-5 years in a redraft. Best of luck to the Habs tomorrow. BIG DAY!

1. Celebrini
  2. Catton
  3. Buium
  4. Silayev
  5. Parekh
  6. Demidov*
  7. Sennecke
  8. Dickinson
  9. Iginla
  10. Levshunov
  11. Eiserman
  12. Lindstrom**
  13. Helenius
  14. Yakemchuk
  15. Connelly
  16. Nygar
  17. Lachenko
  18. Surin
  19. Chernyshov
  20. Stiga
  21. Solberg
  22. Greentree
  23. Hage
  24. Basha
  25. Laterneau
  26. Boisvert
  27. Artamonov
  28. Mews
  29. Freij
  30. Badinka
  31. Ritchie
  32. Beaudoin

*If not for 2 leg injuries and still not skating , I'd have him at #4.
And if he played KHL and was close to Michkov, I'd have him at #2

**If not for back injury (herniated disc + missing 1/2 season), I'd have him at #3

Back