• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2024 Stanley Cup; Who ya' got & why?

Pucking Lamplighter

As much as I'd like to see Paul Maurice get his name on the Stanley Cup, I like Edmonton's team more. It also would be fun to see Canada's reaction after one of their teams won. The Oilers don't rely on the goonish B.S. half as much as Florida does. McDavid is supremely talented. As long as they can keep Skinner out of trouble, they stand a chance. I believe he's their weak link.

Jim

Whereas Bob is Florida's greatest link. I'll always bet on the world class goalie over the other one that is most certainly not world class.

Don’t care a flip if mo wins a cup but also pulling for Fla because you shouldn’t be able to get that many first picks in drafts.

Edmonton showing that it's not just the Canes who can crank out 80% on the old deserve to win-o-meter and drop a playoff game. Still they showed me that their defensive structure and zone exit scheme can stand up to Florida's pressure. That's impressive, and there's no way Gumby Bob keeps those guys off the board if his buddies can't start taking the heat off a bit more consistently. I think Florida is likely to play better, but I also now see this series as a pick-em.

I like coach Mo, so going with the puddy tats.
Mo’s son is an assistant with the Florida Everblades, who just won their 3rd straight Kelly Cup. Mo joked that his son has 2 rings so it would be nice to get one of his own.

Mo’s son is an assistant with the Florida Everblades, who just won their 3rd straight Kelly Cup. Mo joked that his son has 2 rings so it would be nice to get one of his own.
Which son? Jake or Luke? I think that’s their names, it’s been a long time.

Go kitties. I've said for years that no matter how good McDavid and Draisaitl are, they can't win without a team around them and although the started heading in that direction finally, they're not there; and quite frankly, I want to keep being right.

Many centuries ago we had all three in learn to play I think they were all under 8. It’s unbelievable how old they are now and what they’ve been doing.

And the Oilers have forced a Game 7! Didn't see that one coming several games ago. Bob has looked downright mortal in this half of the series and Skinner has done enough to keep the series rolling. We get the maximum hockey season out of the deal. Even if the wrong teams are playing, and the officiating blows, an NHL Game 7 rocks.

Jim

Not a fan of either but would like to see Maurice get a cup. I’m thinking Barkov is likely hurt. Has noticeably slowed down IMHO. Has turned into a least a watchable series. Good on them both.

Back