Fayettenamcanesfan
Well-known member
Trocheck is a -16 this year…. In only 34 games played. I guess it’s all his line mates fault.
Our worst guy is -5 and Slavin of all people is -3 but only 7 games played
Last edited:
Well, as I’ve said a whole lot of times before … plus/minus is really only an effective tool when you use it to compare players within the same lineup. Looking at NYR’s top six forwards, it’s obvious that they’ve got a system-wide problem. Trocheck, Zibanejad, Panarin, Laffrieniere, Miller and Cuylle are all between -15 and -17. Their top 6 is just not getting it done and that’s not on one or two guys. It’s a system breakdown.Trocheck is a -16 this year…. In only 34 games played. I guess it’s all his line mates fault.Our worst guy is -5 and Slavin of all people is -3 but only 7 games played
Yea I know, but it still tells a storyWell, as I’ve said a whole lot of times before … plus/minus is really only an effective tool when you use it to compare players within the same lineup. Looking at NYR’s top six forwards, it’s obvious that they’ve got a system-wide problem. Trocheck, Zibanejad, Panarin, Laffrieniere, Miller and Cuylle are all between -15 and -17. Their top 6 is just not getting it done and that’s not on one or two guys. It’s a system breakdown.
It’s been reported by several outlets that he’d be willing to waive his no-move to take a Cup run on a contender. Because of the expiring contract, he’s probably the easiest of their guys to move, honestly. Miller and Zibanejad are unlikely to waive their no-moves, unless something changes … since they’ve refused before. Lafreniere is the only one likely to be dealt who doesn’t have any protection at all, but that contract is going to be a problem. Cuylle and Tro should be pretty easy to move if they want to. They’d be stupid to try and trade Fox, and there’s no way they trade Gavrikov.Panarin won’t be offered an extension. He has a full NMC but he might be willing to move it.
![]()
Sources: Rangers won’t offer Artemi Panarin a contract extension
www.sportsnet.ca
Zibanejad--who became the Rangers' all-time leader in PPG while I was typing this--has publicly said he wants to be a part of the "retool" and with his full NMC and four remaining years, I doubt he's going anywhere. He's still almost a point-per-game player and is only 32, and I believe the Rangers would be wise to keep him as a veteran presence while they bring new players in.It’s been reported by several outlets that he’d be willing to waive his no-move to take a Cup run on a contender. Because of the expiring contract, he’s probably the easiest of their guys to move, honestly. Miller and Zibanejad are unlikely to waive their no-moves, unless something changes … since they’ve refused before. Lafreniere is the only one likely to be dealt who doesn’t have any protection at all, but that contract is going to be a problem. Cuylle and Tro should be pretty easy to move if they want to. They’d be stupid to try and trade Fox, and there’s no way they trade Gavrikov.
Best guess, they ship out Panarin and Tro for firsts and see if they can find another misfit toy to swap out for Lafreniere and call it a “retool.” Not sure what team would be stupid enough to help them out with Zibanejad and Miller. Both contracts run to 20-freaking-30 and the Coyotes don’t play that game anymore.
He and Miller are both coach killers, but I do think they’re stuck with them until a buyout starts to make fiscal sense.Zibanejad--who became the Rangers' all-time leader in PPG while I was typing this--has publicly said he wants to be a part of the "retool" and with his full NMC and four remaining years, I doubt he's going anywhere. He's still almost a point-per-game player and is only 32, and I believe the Rangers would be wise to keep him as a veteran presence while they bring new players in.
Depends on what the Rangers are willing to do on retention. If they’re out of the competing business and willing to take a pick driven return, then it opens up more options if they retain half of his remaining cap hit. Even more if they’re willing to take a bad NHL contract in return. But since he’s probably only going to waive the NMC for a real contender, that limits it. Carolina could swing it. So could Detroit and Philly … but the definition of contender starts to get a bit stretched. After that it gets down to swapping contracts, but I bet they figure out a deal for Panarin all the same.So who has the cap space to take Panarin?
I wouldn’t be surprised if Panarin was moved before the Olympics.Much as I think there's a 99% chance that Zibanejad remains a Ranger, I think there's a 99% chance that Panarin is moved to a contender.
Hopefully to a nice western conference locationI wouldn’t be surprised if Panarin was moved before the Olympics.
Agreed on both counts … mostly because that seems to be what the two players want. Miller I’m less sure about. I’m not sure he’s got the attention span for a “retool” run by Chris Drury even if it means leaving New York.Much as I think there's a 99% chance that Zibanejad remains a Ranger, I think there's a 99% chance that Panarin is moved to a contender.
The knowitalls had him all but in the Bruins lineup. Dallas was thought to the interested Western Confernece team,Per The Athletic, Calgary is trading Rasmus Andersson to Vegas in exchange for Zach Whitecloud, a 2027 first-round pick, a conditional 2028 second-round pick, and prospect Abram Wiebe.
EDIT: ESPN's reporting of the trade does not mention Wiebe, but does include that Calgary is retaining 50% of Andersson's deal, which ends after this season.