• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2026-27 Canes Miscellaneous Thread

Primeau cleared waivers and will be assigned to the Wolves.
Surprised yet not surprised. Nobody seems to have an immediate Primeau-sized hole in the NHL roster and you'd have to waive him again to send him down. Not only that, you'd be stuck with a guy who is pretty much a textbook 3G for two years.

Again, I strongly feel like they need to work out some sort of waiver room for 3Gs, considering how many goalie injuries we've had since the pandemic years. Oh, either that or start doing something about aggressive forwards just plowing into opposing goalies all the time.
 
When did you gradiate h/s? One of my best friends from SoD is a Cary guy, 1981.
I'll have to ask him if he remembers Lake Ass.
1983. Those ducks were bagged by a much younger version of me who liked to hike in 3 miles carrying decoys shotgun ammo chairs and sometimes a 4 year old boy. I went to HS in Bloomington, NC.
 
When did you gradiate h/s? One of my best friends from SoD is a Cary guy, 1981.
I'll have to ask him if he remembers Lake Ass.
I graduated in 1979. I have a younger brother who also graduated in the Class of '81. Strong possibility one or both of us know him. Over off of Davis Drive (it was called Stone Road back then) by Morrisville-Carpenter Road, there's another watershed lake where everyone hung out and partied (I fished there a lot) that we called Lake Ass Junior, but nobody ever got caught skinnydipping there to my knowledge. It was off a sandy road surrouded by tobacco fields. It's surrouded by apartmets and streets these days.
 
I saw at least one report that the Canes had come to an agreement with DirecTV and Uverse to carry HHN. So, good news for at least a couple of you. I haven't seen details on subscription levels or whatever, but if it works like Spectrum then if you had coverage last year and didn't make changes, you should be good to go.
 
I saw at least one report that the Canes had come to an agreement with DirecTV and Uverse to carry HHN. So, good news for at least a couple of you. I haven't seen details on subscription levels or whatever, but if it works like Spectrum then if you had coverage last year and didn't make changes, you should be good to go.

Yea, I looked at the Canes under "My Teams" on Directv stream and all of the games are showing up with a HHN logo but still says unavailable. Looks like they have the channel, but its not live yet., Awesome news if true. I called them last week and told them I would be moving on to Spectrum if they didn't add the channel. You're welcome guys
 
Its showing up in my DVR list now......channel just says "HurCanes" 💪 Looks Like Channel 650


IMG_0018.jpeg

1790955017862.png
 

Attachments

  • 1790955132777.png
    1790955132777.png
    17.8 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
I’m hoping for the DTV add— that’s my carrier. Plenty of breweries, sports bars and restaurants are going to suffer if the local team isn’t available as many have Direct
 
Last edited:
Is DirecTV a streaming provider now? I'm weighing my options.
It's complicated, but yes ... DirecTV Streaming is an option for their subscribers. You might want to call AT&T to wade through the options. Make sure to let them know you want that regional sports coverage so they can steer you to the correct package. Sounds like they won't be online until the game in Montreal on the 6th, so you could watch these next couple on the Prime app on Amazon's 7 day free trial.
 
Just make sure to get pricing for the correct package. I had that service for a couple of years when Bally's fell out with YTTV and it was spendy. They're all expensive, let's be honest, but if you have a lower cost live TV streamer then adding on Prime is a pretty cheap option at $99 for the full season.
 
We cut Spectrum a few months back. We had the ala carte package where you choose 18 channels, and can change them monthly. This also includes a few dozen set channels. But we went to GFiber for net. Everyone in the house complained that Spectrum Internet was slow. (Too many devices) I added an antenna for local coverage. And Samsung has a huge channel package for those who have Samsung TVs. But is not cable. I may end up going the Prime add on route for $99 over paying $100 a month for ESPN and some other cable channels. I'll just have to miss the ESPN games.
 
We cut Spectrum a few months back. We had the ala carte package where you choose 18 channels, and can change them monthly. This also includes a few dozen set channels. But we went to GFiber for net. Everyone in the house complained that Spectrum Internet was slow. (Too many devices) I added an antenna for local coverage. And Samsung has a huge channel package for those who have Samsung TVs. But is not cable. I may end up going the Prime add on route for $99 over paying $100 a month for ESPN and some other cable channels. I'll just have to miss the ESPN games.
Same thing I said to Andy. If you decide to do directv stream let me know and I’ll send you a refer a friend link and you get a $100 Visa gift card and a deal on your package.
 
Back
Top