• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2026 Training Camp and Preseason Thread

Per a PuckPedia post on X less than an hour ago, Nikishin has dismissed Quartexx as his agency.

And 32 minutes ago, PuckPedia on X reported that Paul Theofanous is Nikishin's new representative.

Theofanous client list:

Kirill Kaprizov
Artemi Panarin
Sergei Bobrovsky
Arturs Silovs
Semyon Varlamov
Maxim Shabonov
Nikita Susuyev
Anri Ravinskis


AND

Ivan Ryabkin
Cayden Primeau
Pyotr Kochetkov
, who just signed that extension with the Canes

And now Alexander Nikishin

The plot thickens (maybe?)

Note that Kochetkov did not have Theofanous as his agent for the contract he is now in the final year of.
 
Last edited:
Per a PuckPedia post on X less than an hour ago, Nikishin has dismissed Quartexx as his agency.

And 32 minutes ago, PuckPedia on X reported that Paul Theofanous is Nikishin's new representative.

Theofanous client list:

Kirill Kaprizov
Artemi Panarin
Sergei Bobrovsky
Arturs Silovs
Semyon Varlamov
Maxim Shabonov
Nikita Susuyev
Anri Ravinskis


AND

Ivan Ryabkin
Cayden Primeau
Pyotr Kochetkov
, who just signed that extension with the Canes

And now Alexander Nikishin

The plot thickens (maybe?)

Note that Kochetkov did not have Theofanous as his agent for the contract he is now in the final year of.
Maybe Theofanous convinces Boom to go to Winnipeg as a sign and trade and Koochie goes with him!!!
 
Per a PuckPedia post on X less than an hour ago, Nikishin has dismissed Quartexx as his agency.

And 32 minutes ago, PuckPedia on X reported that Paul Theofanous is Nikishin's new representative.

Theofanous client list:

Kirill Kaprizov
Artemi Panarin
Sergei Bobrovsky
Arturs Silovs
Semyon Varlamov
Maxim Shabonov
Nikita Susuyev
Anri Ravinskis


AND

Ivan Ryabkin
Cayden Primeau
Pyotr Kochetkov
, who just signed that extension with the Canes

And now Alexander Nikishin

The plot thickens (maybe?)

Note that Kochetkov did not have Theofanous as his agent for the contract he is now in the final year of.
OK, that should help. Theofanous is a sharp agent, but he's a pro and won't let Nikishin's idiotic Russian rep anywhere near proceedings from this point. Now maybe the grownups can have a conversation.
 
Robidas, Jaaska, Joseph, Heimosalmi and Brind'Amour on waivers today along with half a hundred other guys. Heimosalmi and Brind'Amour should be easy, peasy. Not so sure about the others. Having Jaaska coming off a long layoff probably insures he clears. The other two are a risk.
 
If some NHL team really has an NHL spot for Robidas, I wish him all the best and hope he gets some legitimate playing opportunities that utilize his skills (aka not playing on an NHL 4th line with 2 guys who cannot skate or score goals). I expect that he is going to clear waivers.

I think the fact that Joseph was available as a UFA as long as he was before signing with the Canes is a good indicator that no team is going to claim him.

As you noted, no one is going to bother with the other 3.
 
If some NHL team really has an NHL spot for Robidas, I wish him all the best and hope he gets some legitimate playing opportunities that utilize his skills (aka not playing on an NHL 4th line with 2 guys who cannot skate or score goals). I expect that he is going to clear waivers.

I think the fact that Joseph was available as a UFA as long as he was before signing with the Canes is a good indicator that no team is going to claim him.

As you noted, no one is going to bother with the other 3.
If Joseph had played a little better in pre season he probably would get claimed, but he's been so-so. I think he fits the Canes system pretty well though, so I'd like to see him get another chance after he's more comfortable with the man to man
 
Semi-surprisingly, Robidas cleared. All the other Canes did too, the only waiver claim was the Preds claiming William Trudeau from the Rangers.
 
Why send Nadeau down? That kid did everything to deserve a spot. Deslauriers as the press box regular most nights instead of your best prospect scoring goals and showing his talent while Jarvis is out is just something I can’t get behind this time around. I guess the three goalie roster spot decision is what screws Nadeau for now.
 
Why send Nadeau down? That kid did everything to deserve a spot. Deslauriers as the press box regular most nights instead of your best prospect scoring goals and showing his talent while Jarvis is out is just something I can’t get behind this time around. I guess the three goalie roster spot decision is what screws Nadeau for now.
Well, I do wish they had a spot for him but I’d much rather Deslauriers to atrophy in the press box than either Nadeau or Felix. At least they will be playing every night in Chicago
 
Why send Nadeau down? That kid did everything to deserve a spot. Deslauriers as the press box regular most nights instead of your best prospect scoring goals and showing his talent while Jarvis is out is just something I can’t get behind this time around. I guess the three goalie roster spot decision is what screws Nadeau for now.
Yeah, I really don't understand this move either. Jarvy will be out for a while, so I'll guess they'll shuffle the lines around to make room for Deslauriers - but I'd much rather see Nadeau in the lineup.
 
Back
Top