• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League: 2016-17 Playoffs

Re: Around The League: 2013 - 2014 Season

Seriously?

Elliotte Friedman
Morons RT @mirtle The people attacking Reimer's wife on Twitter are the lowest of the low.

Elliotte Friedman
A fan threw a jersey on the ice -- again -- and Scrivens fired it back into the crowd

Edmonton loses 8-1 to Calgary. Maybe the Oilers need to rebuild, trade away their assets for draft picks....start over. Oh wait....

Elliotte Friedman
A fan threw a jersey on the ice -- again -- and Scrivens fired it back into the crowd

Oilers are a mess , hard to believe Kevin Lowe who was part of championship teams could do this bad in the front office .

Would they have been better off drafting Seguin , Landeskog and Murray and give them a mix of a front line center , a 2 way 60 point horse in Gabriel and a 15 year stalwart like Seebrook , or the skill and finesse of Hall , RNH and Nail ?

Oilers are a mess , hard to believe Kevin Lowe who was part of championship teams could do this bad in the front office .

Would they have been better off drafting Seguin , Landeskog and Murray and give them a mix of a front line center , a 2 way 60 point horse in Gabriel and a 15 year stalwart like Seebrook , or the skill and finesse of Hall , RNH and Nail ?

Prime trade baits

I think Eberle, Nail, Hall and RNH all have off the chart offensive skills, so it was OK to draft them. The rest of the league now knows that these players are not busts, but obviously Edmonton has too much of the same player. Trading one or two of them can get them a nice reward, but they better get it right the first time.

How much fun would it be if the Red Wings & Blue Jackets won today and the Leafs lost?

But, but, didn't Edmonton rebuild the "proper" way?

They really need a stud coach who can change the mindset of these young players. Can they find someone like that to commit himself to this team?

Bob Gainey anyone?

Edmonton loses 8-1 to Calgary. Maybe the Oilers need to rebuild, trade away their assets for draft picks....start over. Oh wait....

I have such little respect for that organization because of how poorly it is being run and the way they are wasting away incredible young talent that coukd probably be flourishing more in a better environment...take mckinnon for example

How much fun would it be if the Red Wings & Blue Jackets won today and the Leafs lost?

I'm so glad we beat them last night so I'm content with that but yes if they can lose tonight with those two teams winning it would be the icing on the cake

What does that have to do with anything? How many rings do guys like Gretzky and Jordan have to show for their front office/coaching efforts. Athletic skill is not some sort of elastic talent that can be applied to all facets of the game.

I'm so glad we beat them last night so I'm content with that but yes if they can lose tonight with those two teams winning it would be the icing on the cake

Leafs need to go 6-4 during the final stretch to have any hope at all. Columbus imo is the only team they need worry about. Capitals are all but done. The leafs ROW is terrible... this could force them to have to pick up an extra point.. which is huge. They are not in good shape.

Last edited:
Back