• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League: 2016-17 Playoffs

Re: Around The League: 2013 - 2014 Season

Because Columbus has 2 games in hand. Also the Caps ROW is terrible as well. Basically that could force them to win another point. Caps odds to make playoffs are less than 10 percent. Leafs around 40. Wings and Columbus are hovering around 70. Pretty accurate

Leafs need to go 6-4 during the final stretch to have any hope at all. Columbus imo is the only team they need worry about. Capitals are all but done. The leafs ROW is terrible... this could force them to have to pick up an extra point.. which is huge. They are not in good shape.

Not sure Washington is "all but done." The Caps are 1 point behind the Leafs. After tonight they will have a game in hand. If the Leafs lose tonight, Zeke's "Real Standings" page on the Leaf board will have the Leafs on pace to miss the playoffs. The will be behind all of Washington, Columbus and Detroit "on pace" if they lose tonight.

Because Columbus has 2 games in hand. Also the Caps ROW is terrible as well. Basically that could force them to win another point. Caps odds to make playoffs are less than 10 percent. Leafs around 40. Wings and Columbus are hovering around 70. Pretty accurate

All true and Washington has a tough schedule as well. But sometimes with these percentage calculations, the obvious is overlooked. Washington is tied in points for the last playoff spot, no way anybody should think they are out of it.

All true and Washington has a tough schedule as well. But sometimes with these percentage calculations, the obvious is overlooked. Washington is tied in points for the last playoff spot, no way anybody should think they are out of it.

Any team could go on a roll and kill the odds of coarse. But history shows this normally does not happen. Simply looking at the playoff results if very deceiving. If the leafs lose tonight... the are very close to playing golf in a few weeks. That all being said.. i still think the leafs make the playoffs. Just a gut feeling i have.

Lose to the islanders in a playoff race and you don't deserve to make the post season.

Lose to the islanders in a playoff race and you don't deserve to make the post season.

These non playoff teams would love nothing more than to put you out as well. Thats all they really got to play for

Read my sig to see my thoughts on Edmonton's management team.

What does that have to do with anything? How many rings do guys like Gretzky and Jordan have to show for their front office/coaching efforts. Athletic skill is not some sort of elastic talent that can be applied to all facets of the game.

I am sure he knows a thing about chemistry and team building from his days . If you have a soft team do you really need Nail ? move down or trade the pick .

How long did it take to realize Dubnyk and others stink in the net ?

Their d is atrocious use some of your skilled dept and youth to fill a hole.

If this regime was run by Holland , Chiarelli , or Bowman with 3 #1 picks they wouldnt be in this mess for 8 effen years.

What does that have to do with anything? How many rings do guys like Gretzky and Jordan have to show for their front office/coaching efforts. Athletic skill is not some sort of elastic talent that can be applied to all facets of the game.

kevin lowe yelled at the media and fans for suggesting he doesnt know what it takes to win
he said basically **** you all i have a mitt full of cup rings

true story

I am sure he knows a thing about chemistry and team building from his days . If you have a soft team do you really need Nail ? move down or trade the pick .

How long did it take to realize Dubnyk and others stink in the net ?

Their d is atrocious use some of your skilled dept and youth to fill a hole.

If this regime was run by Holland , Chiarelli , or Bowman with 3 #1 picks they wouldnt be in this mess for 8 effen years.

well no
he doesnt know anything
but some interesting things

they swtich coaches every year.... from quinn to renney to kruger to eakins in 5 years
they have traded some of the offensive depth ... to get perron
apparently tambo wanted murray - ownership (see kevin lowe) forced him to take nail

they made some progress last year mostly because they have decent goaltending for dubnyk ... so what do they do...fire the coach ...trade on of the few all around players they have (horcoff) announce they are going to trade hemsky....then they dont, sign andrew ference...lol

im not sure hollad or chiarelli or bowman could not do anything with kevin lowe as the president (lowe is best buds with Katz)

they really ...and i mean really suck at drafting outside of the first round
eberle was a damn good pick in the late first round
hall is better than seguin ... so that was the right call
nuge has been hurt a lot so who knows if he will be better
nail is about the same as chuck so far.... and murray was the guy the gm wanted...dont think that changes much ... yet
nurse seems pretty good but for once they didnt have a top pick

now beyond those players from the first round they have nothing from the draft

including horrible drafting in the early second round

mitch moroz for example

well no
he doesnt know anything
but some interesting things

they swtich coaches every year.... from quinn to renney to kruger to eakins in 5 years
they have traded some of the offensive depth ... to get perron
apparently tambo wanted murray - ownership (see kevin lowe) forced him to take nail

they made some progress last year mostly because they have decent goaltending for dubnyk ... so what do they do...fire the coach ...trade on of the few all around players they have (horcoff) announce they are going to trade hemsky....then they dont, sign andrew ference...lol

im not sure hollad or chiarelli or bowman could not do anything with kevin lowe as the president (lowe is best buds with Katz)

they really ...and i mean really suck at drafting outside of the first round
eberle was a damn good pick in the late first round
hall is better than seguin ... so that was the right call
nuge has been hurt a lot so who knows if he will be better
nail is about the same as chuck so far.... and murray was the guy the gm wanted...dont think that changes much ... yet
nurse seems pretty good but for once they didnt have a top pick

now beyond those players from the first round they have nothing from the draft

including horrible drafting in the early second round

mitch moroz for example

Is that your longest post ever?

April Reimer
Don't mistake my silence for ignorance, my calmness for acceptance or my kindness as weakness

Back