• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League: 2016-17 Playoffs

Re: Around The League: 2014 - 2015 Season

I actually feel sorry for Phaneuf. As captain he has to stand there and answer a sneering media after each game about the losses and what can he say that he hasn't already said?

At this point in time I think he would secretly pay the Leafs to move him out of that chaos.

I actually feel sorry for Phaneuf. As captain he has to stand there and answer a sneering media after each game about the losses and what can he say that he hasn't already said?

At this point in time I think he would secretly pay the Leafs to move him out of that chaos.

I think Kessel and Phaneuf were just as stupid to re-sign there as the Leafs were to sign those guys to those contracts.

Its not like they both dodn't go through that crap before these contracts

I don't know if any other team would have given Phaneuf $7M / year for 8 years, though.

Zepp in net tonight for Philly.

But, sadly for him, the levee broke and he was dazed and confused. The Islanders showed him no quarter. He was replaced by Emory. Musta been a heartbreaker.

I don't know if any other team would have given Phaneuf $7M / year for 8 years, though.

They also gave hat contract to him half way thru the year before thier collapse.

The kessel contract is expected for a player who is always top five in scoring. But they gave double dion 4 too many years and 1.5 mil bucks too much per season.

The all teams have a chance os this year.

A lottery for picks 1-3 starts next year... aka Austin Matthews

They also gave hat contract to him half way thru the year before thier collapse.

The kessel contract is expected for a player who is always top five in scoring. But they gave double dion 4 too many years and 1.5 mil bucks too much per season.

I guess it was the price for keeping him as for 4 less years and 1.5M less a season he probably would have bolted elsewhere.

Zepp in net tonight for Philly.

But, sadly for him, the levee broke and he was dazed and confused. The Islanders showed him no quarter. He was replaced by Emory. Musta been a heartbreaker.

I gotta give you a Whole Lotta Love for the way you were able to Ramble On in this post. Thank You.

Kessel 47 games played. 18 goals 43 points. minus 14. 8 mil
Max 44 games played 21 goals 38 points plus 22 4.5 mil
One guy is a floater the other is a future captain that works his ass off. Boy did we get lucky on that one

That's true, in the end Phaneuf would have been crazy to turn that down, but he has to live with that pressure of being captain on a bad team in a huge market

I think some teams would have offered up 6 mil/5 years.

For both sides it would have been beneficial to just part ways.

The guy is a good defenseman, he's physical, has offensive abilities and size.

It's just in Toronto he's playing a role he shouldn't be on a very weak defensive team....it's why he looks exposed most nights

If a guy like Phaneuf is well insulated in a system and is used as a #2/2A type of guy he'll be a valuable piece to a team.

Kessel 47 games played. 18 goals 43 points. minus 14. 8 mil
Max 44 games played 21 goals 38 points plus 22 4.5 mil
One guy is a floater the other is a future captain that works his ass off. Boy did we get lucky on that one

We did. Add to that kessel is signed for the next 7 years after this season.

Let's compare the Habs core to the leafs core. All of our core players have been drafted, where the leafs have been traded for; kessel, dion, jvr and bernier. Well they do have a couple drafted like rielly.

The leafs always try to patch or fast track a rebuild. Not saying you can't do that but when burke took over he was almost starting with nothing but draft picks. He should of went for a full on rebuild not traded for kessel and dion (at that time) and took 3-4 years to draft and build the team that way.

Those Pat Quinn years is what hurt them in terms of player development.

Year after year they were gunning for the cup and were liquidating high draft picks and the few young players they had for aging veterans.

Eventually the cupboard was very bare and burke did what he can acquiring players

Those Pat Quinn years is what hurt them in terms of player development.

Year after year they were gunning for the cup and were liquidating high draft picks and the few young players they had for aging veterans.

Eventually the cupboard was very bare and burke did what he can acquiring players

Burke made some nice trades. But trading two firsts, a second and third for one player when a total rebuild to restore that empty cupboard wasn't smart.

Back