• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League: 2016-17 Playoffs

Re: Around The League: 2014 - 2015 Season

I think that was the game that CH1 and I were watching on our computers and we had the St. Louis feed that included all the non-air feed during commericals and intermissions. You can hear the play-by-play crew talk amongst themselves thinking they are not on live TV. Very interesting.

Last week while trying to listen to the TSN690 play-by-play feed on my Habs smartphone app, I got the Washington Capitals game with the Caps' radio feed instead. I tried restarting it a few times but every time it was the Caps. I had to switch to the French feed instead. Weird.

Rangers up 3-1 on the Penguins.

Nash with two goals, now leads the NHL with 28.

Indeed. If they're able to re-sign him, they got a hell of a deal. A winger under 30 who can actually score for a late first who may or may not be an NHL player four years down the road.

He's signed through next season as well. But yea, if they can re-sign him long term it'll be a great trade for them.

Classic interference penalty by Jordie Benn.

UntriedCrispCurassow.gif

Good memory. That was cool but obviously a mistake, since I've never heard such a feed prior or subsequent to that game.

I've seen them from time to time.

It happens when you get a feed from Europe.... and you get someone over there who thinks every sport is like soccer and doesn't have commercial breaks... so the crew over here goes to commercial (which basically means someone in the strudio hitting a switch to turn off one feed and turn on the commercials), in Europe they are allowed to put in their own local commercials even though they are picking up a North American feed of the game... so that guy doesn't pay attention during each period and only flicks his switch at intermissions... and so you just get the broadcasters talking the whole time.

I've probably seen 4 or 5 of them, including the infamous "Somebody ****ING Go" Phaneuf game.

Indeed. If they're able to re-sign him, they got a hell of a deal. A winger under 30 who can actually score for a late first who may or may not be an NHL player four years down the road.

Conside ring Edmonton's draft record, Pittsburgh didn't give away anything for Perron.

Tatar just scored his 21st goal, crazy.

I remember having marked him as a guy we should consider drafting,at least in the second round. Amazing how many offensively talented prospects the Wings have been able to get generally beyond the first round over the years that other teams pass on,simply because there are holes in their games. The Wings seem to believe in drafting talent first, and working on the rest after. Not all work out(Ferrarro, Frk so far), but it must now be to the point where other teams question themselves when they see a guy the Wings draft, and second guess themselves immediately for not having done so.

Other teams draft the Jarret Tinordis.Better to trade the high pick if that's what you are doing. The Wings have done remarkably well considering their general draft position over the years.

Last edited:

The wings also keep their prospects in the AHL for a minimum of one season and usually longer so that they learn the system. That organization rarely rushes prospects.

NHL Player Safety
Chicago’s Daniel Carcillo has been suspended six games for cross-checking Winnipeg’s Mathieu Perreault.

Back