• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League: 2016-17 Playoffs

Re: Around The League: 2014 - 2015 Season

Leafs/Sens tonight should be a classic.

Weren't these two teams neck in neck with us in terms of expectations just two years ago?

Ottawa Valley Leaf fans are threatening to throw more Leaf jerseys onto the ice. Apparently you cant charge anyone (like they did at Air Canada centre) unless they are drunk.

Renaud Lavoie
No indications that Kristopher Letang won't play tonight. At the end, it's going to be the doctor decision.

I figured the Leafs would not be able to top last season's collapse for epicness but clearly I was wrong.

Phaneuf's "fight" with Michalek is a great example of why nobody likes that guy.

With a captain like that...

Dion was a douche back in Calgary , why would anyone trade a so called top pairing guy for chump change , the Flames wanted him gone and the Laffs are on the hook for his dumb contract.

Excellent goaltending. Short side garbage by Reimer and a 50 foot rebound by Anderson.

It was comical reading the game thread posts on the Leafs board. They were talking about the game as though the end result even mattered. So what? If they'd managed to win tonight they'd have 4 wins in their last 17 games. Whoopty-doo!

B76ncXoIIAIWxGs.jpg

Vancouver Canucks
Update on @kbieksa3: his hand injury will require surgery and he is out indefinitely.

I wonder if Dave Nonis will still be a part of the Leafs franchise when the NHL resumes play after the ASG? Someone else needs to take the fall since firing the coach hasn't changed anything and I doubt Shanahan wants Nonis to start the rebuild project that lies ahead.

Nonis isn't doing a damn thing. They didn't hire Shanahan just so that they could leave Nonis in charge of the rebuild. He's just Shanny's meat puppet.

Back