• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League: 2019-2020 Regular Season

I wouldn't write off Jack Hughes after just 6 games.

Me neither. Jack Hughes isn't Nail Yakupov.

He's the first player in NHL history to make the jump from the USHL level directly to the NHL at 18.

I'm not surprised he's struggling a little early. That's as big of a jump in terms of speed, pace, physicality and toughness that a player has ever had. No hyperbole.

Different position, but Tom Barasso from high school wasn't bad either. (Pretty sure it was high school)

Different times of course. There was even a time when players went directly from senior amateur hockey to the NHL. Allan Cup to the Stanley Cup.

Different position, but Tom Barasso from high school wasn't bad either. (Pretty sure it was high school)

Different times of course. There was even a time when players went directly from senior amateur hockey to the NHL. Allan Cup to the Stanley Cup.
Yeah ... Barrasso went straight from US high school hockey to the Sabres. Back in the 80s it wasn't all that unusual for a Boston area kid to get drafted out of high school and be a pretty good pro right away, as scholastic hockey was really strong in that area. Barrasso going straight from high school hockey to starting 40-something games in the NHL was notable either way though. That's nuts, regardless of the era.

Funny, we were talking about Zadina just today on the other thread. Hischier and Zadina were one-year Halifax Mooseheads, in back to back years, and went very high then in the draft. Watching the two down here, I would have put Zadina as being the more likely to become the bigger star.

Of course, I would have also selected Drouin over Mackinnon from the same team, so maybe its just as well I'm not a scout. Maybe I'm a sucker for the flash.....

I stand corrected. Thought both Barrasso & Housley were in the NCAA before they went to the NHL.

Any flex packs in the 10-15-20 game range ?

Not announced yet. They also haven't announced the regular season tickets price. I had a deposit for club seats with a group of friends, so I get to pick my seats next week, but I wasn't expecting this type of sticker price. I'm doubtful I'll make that type of commitment.

More expensive than the panthers. $36k for 4 Center ice seats with gourmet food and booze included.

Back