• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2023 Edition

my problem is i hate all the teams

fuck the bruins but also fuck you justin williams
like fuck kucherov and cooper but also fuck this entire board
ovie is scum, fuck the rangers and holik, fuck the panthers for crying about habs fans in their building, fuck sutter, fuck doughty, etc etc
it's a good problem to have. Emotions create fandom.

Yeah, definitely been in "fuck every other Canadian team" mode for like, a couple decades now.

Although it definitely picked up a bit for Edmonton right around the OilChange documentary period.

If I ever had even a small chance of having anything but disdain for any other Canadian team, living out west for a bunch of years murdered it.

but at some point if i hate them all - do i not just tune out completely?
Fair point. You need to be selective with your violent hatred of certain teams. Focus on the fans/media like us. We all know most players are pieces of shit. Zone that out.

i have probably gone soft in my old age but this seems to be one of the worst things i have seen in a decade

10 games for Kadri.

I mean, a total cheapshot that should be removed from the game but I am guessing the absolute worst he gets is a small fine.

you can cheer for them if you want, as long as you know and understand they'd never cheer for you in a million years and spend all their days obsessively hating the Leafs. to me that seems weird but to each his own man.
JG8kBqK.jpg

you lost me
posters who are the most vocal about fans or media hating on the Leafs and mocking Matthews and Marner for never winning anything ... are first in line hating on the Oilers and mocking McDavid and Draisaitl for never winning anything.

I think it's partly because I've been playing fantasy for a long time, you tend to take a liking to players around the league, which makes you less inclined to hate other teams.

Except the Senators of course, because fuck them.

you keep making the mistake of thinking the leafs get treated the same as way as those teams do by fans and media, when it's not close.

do you realize that fans and media gave the oilers more praise and credit than the leafs, not only prior to this season (after finishing way behind and getting swept last year), but even now entering these playoffs?

it's objectively hilarious to see what happened last night for both teams and both narratives.

Sens have been so irrelevant for so long that they don’t bother me. I kinda want to see them get competitive again to spark up the rivalry.

The western teams, who really cares? Edmonton is a little fun seeing them fall on their faces, but I love seeing McDavid and Drai highlights. Calgary and Vancouver are whatever. Winnipeg has a bunch of loudmouths but also whatever.

That covers it. I don’t think I’m forgetting any other Canadian team.

I've always kinda rolled my eyes when casual fans insisted I cheer for a team in the playoffs because they're Canadian and I'm pretty Leafs centric so if any Canadian team is gonna break the cup drought, I'm wanting it to be the Leafs.

But while I'll chuckle when Oil Change loses, I don't hate McDavid whatsoever and I don't think I've ever mocked him. He seems kinda bland as fuck like Tavares. It's kinda the opposite, I don't think anything Holland's done has been particularly impressive.

posters who are the most vocal about fans or media hating on the Leafs and mocking Matthews and Marner for never winning anything ... are first in line hating on the Oilers and mocking McDavid and Draisaitl for never winning anything.

I think it's partly because I've been playing fantasy for a long time, you tend to take a liking to players around the league, which makes you less inclined to hate other teams.

Except the Senators of course, because fuck them.

you're trying to equate two things that are simply not even close to equal. Not even remotely.

Back