• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2023 Edition

Hawks extend Dickinson 2/9

This one offends me, i think you could have got a 2/3 at the deadline from someone, and paid him or one of 12-15 versions of him 2/9 in the summer. I dont mind extending Foligno or Mrazek to get to the floor, they have no actual value, and whatever, you need a guy to speak after the game and to the refs and a goalie tank commander? sure, whatever.

Hawks extend Dickinson 2/9

This one offends me, i think you could have got a 2/3 at the deadline from someone, and paid him or one of 12-15 versions of him 2/9 in the summer. I dont mind extending Foligno or Mrazek to get to the floor, they have no actual value, and whatever, you need a guy to speak after the game and to the refs and a goalie tank commander? sure, whatever.
Example of a meh player having the benefit on playing an awful team. Many times, SOME player is bound to accumulate points on such a team. IMHO, he is such a player.

Example of a meh player having the benefit on playing an awful team. Many times, SOME player is bound to accumulate points on such a team. IMHO, he is such a player.
One of the bigger mistakes the Hawks can make this year is poorly identifying older/fringe players as actual parts of the future.

Beyond Bedard i genuinely do not know if an NHL forward exists on this roster that is part of the next playoff team. You could maybe sell me on Phillip Kurashev as being a decent middle 6 F.

With a guy like Foligno, want to extend him? sure, you need to get to the floor, and no one is trading for that, but Dickinson represents at least a 3rd IMO to a team who thinks he's a plus 3LC, those dudes always get moved, and he was cheap.

In the summer, you could offer him the same 2/9 ( or fuck it, more) to come back, or whatever other vet wants to make more money than normal to be a leaderbean for 2 seasons.

Back