• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2024 Edition

Everytime I hear Dave Poulin on the panel I think "I can't believe that guy was in our FO" so it's nice of the Sens to hire him.
He's essentially the energy of guy who sounds smart at hockey but not too smart to offend the Coor's Lite free hat in a case fanbase, so perfect as a canadian boring hockey analyst.

He's essentially the energy of guy who sounds smart at hockey but not too smart to offend the Coor's Lite free hat in a case fanbase, so perfect as a canadian boring hockey analyst.
All kidding aside though, why do they go for the most dry toasted ex nhl player or coach?

Get some personality in there.

The fact that two veterans of Brian Burke’s Leaf front office are running the Sens is just wonderfully funny.

Next they need to hire Randy Carlyle.
Just go to the source. Hire Burke. Hasn't he worked for three Canadian teams already?

All kidding aside though, why do they go for the most dry toasted ex nhl player or coach?

Get some personality in there.
Because they need to find the sweet spot of

Hockey is serious and must be discussed in a serious manner

and

Dont sound too smart with nerd talk and piss off the dumb fans.

Dave Poulin is a perfect bland of seems smart to a stupid person with his years of experience and bland serious manner but not like too smart where he'll chase away viewers.

Back