• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2024 Edition

Jarry has been excellent and they've suffered through hilarious luck and an inexplicably bad pp. But the team has played more than fine from the start. They're not elite or anything but I could see them making the playoffs.

Jarry has been excellent and they've suffered through hilarious luck and an inexplicably bad pp. But the team has played more than fine from the start. They're not elite or anything but I could see them making the playoffs.

Yeah, they'll be bubbleish.

But...and crucially, you forgot how good Ned has been.

In Jarry starts(.916): 82 point pace
In Ned starts (.924): 115 point pace

Biggest thing in their favour so far has been health. The only important player on the team that has missed games is Rust. Everyone else is on pace for 82 games played. Given the age and injury history of their core, that would be kind of incredible if they went the entire regular season without anyone missing time, and I don't think they're deep enough anywhere at the top of roster to survive health problems.

Yeah, they'll be bubbleish.

But...and crucially, you forgot how good Ned has been.

In Jarry starts(.916): 82 point pace
In Ned starts (.924): 115 point pace

Biggest thing in their favour so far has been health. The only important player on the team that has missed games is Rust. Everyone else is on pace for 82 games played. Given the age and injury history of their core, that would be kind of incredible if they went the entire regular season without anyone missing time, and I don't think they're deep enough anywhere at the top of roster to survive health problems.
Crosby and Malkin were healthy last year too.

This would be similar to Nick Ritchie scoring at a 34-goal pace after we traded him to Arizona.

Even if a team is garbage, someone’s still gotta get 1st line ice-time and score.

And like with Ritchie, it’s still like a wonderful dream to me that I no longer have to watch Kerfoot play for the Leafs.

This would be similar to Nick Ritchie scoring at a 34-goal pace after we traded him to Arizona.

Even if a team is garbage, someone’s still gotta get 1st line ice-time and score.

And like with Ritchie, it’s still like a wonderful dream to me that I no longer have to watch Kerfoot play for the Leafs.

thing is the coyotes aren't garbage.

Back