• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2024 Edition

A first round pick to rent Sean Monahan would be complete fucking lunacy.

I guess crazier things have happened. But fuck, would you ever have to be a stupid-ass GM to make that move.

(Now watch pizza boy do it….)

Why is that exactly? 31 points in 46 games and 57% on the dot? Worse has gone for more.

He'll get a second and a prospect at minimum if he stays healthy which he has been doing this year.

You're forgetting he can play center. They go for more.

A first round pick to rent Sean Monahan would be complete fucking lunacy.

I guess crazier things have happened. But fuck, would you ever have to be a stupid-ass GM to make that move.

(Now watch pizza boy do it….)
just like Lafferty and McCabe are worth a first

Why is that exactly? 31 points in 46 games and 57% on the dot? Worse has gone for more.

He'll get a second and a prospect at minimum if he stays healthy which he has been doing this year.

He a true difference maker to a contender

Woe to any team who overpays for the offensive production a decent depth player puts up while getting underserved ice-time, opportunities and power-play time on a crappy team.

And please note that I’m not saying that it’s not going to happen. Just that whichever GM pulls the trigger on that deal is a moron.

And I’ve even pointed out, not entirely tongue-in-cheek, that our own current GM here in Toronto just might be that moron. He even has a history with Monahan, after all.

Woe to any team who overpays for the offensive production a decent depth player puts up while getting underserved ice-time, opportunities and power-play time on a crappy team.

And please note that I’m not saying that it’s not going to happen. Just that whichever GM pulls the trigger on that deal is a moron.

And I’ve even pointed out, not entirely tongue-in-cheek, that our own current GM here in Toronto just might be that moron. He even has a history with Monahan, after all.

yeah it's not that crazy at all. he knows the player and the team is in dire need of a solid 2 or 3C.

Is Monahan actually better than Domi though?
Yeah, although I'm fine with the player, we don't have the need up front, and we shouldn't use our trade capital there unless it's for a big bopper like Lindholm, in which case, yeah, you get rid of Domi if you need to, or you let him play on the fourth line and fucking fire Kampf out of a cannon.

Our focus really needs to be on acquiring a top dman. Only move to other areas if there's none to be had.

I feel like Monahan is in the, okay ish player getting playing time into terrible team ice time and farting into counting stats?

Like had Chicago not extended him i think Jason Dickinson is the same dude and i wasnt expecting a 1 there.

If you are not firing Keefe for some reason

And he cant be convinced to not hate Domi for some reason

And teams are offering more for a Domi rental this season than last season (when he looked better) for some reason

then maybe trade Domi

Yeah, although I'm fine with the player, we don't have the need up front, and we shouldn't use our trade capital there unless it's for a big bopper like Lindholm, in which case, yeah, you get rid of Domi if you need to, or you let him play on the fourth line and fucking fire Kampf out of a cannon.

Our focus really needs to be on acquiring a top dman. Only move to other areas if there's none to be had.

Yeah, Lindholm is the only centre I see maybe available who is worth the cost, but definitely focus on adding a defender that slots everyone else in more appropriately. If Hanifin is that guy and he's number to re sign is reasonable, do it. If Chychrun is the guy, do it. But that's the "guy" we need.

Hanifin/Chychrun-Lilly
Rielly-McCabe
Brodie/Gio/Benoit-Timmins

Is probably real gud.

Back