• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2024 Edition

Terrifying...

Shit like this is why whenever I've had clients ask me if I'm worried about AI taking my job, I say no, not even a little bit.

I'm more concerned about more people settling for bad photography upscaled with computation than I am about imagery being created from scratch by a big spread sheet.

Pretty jealous of the panthers. Wish we hired a real nerd as GM instead of a nepo baby stick boy from the soo.

Yup, look at the cheap quality they've added to their roster over the last few years. Signed Montour for dick, Stolarz for like 200K more than we signed Jones for. Reinhart for a 7th round midget goalie prospect and a 1st, Bennett for a 2nd and a junk prospect, signed Verhaege for dick, Cousins is a pretty ideal fast, greasy 4th liner who has scored some big goals for them....dick, Forsling was a fucking waiver claim that they gave an opportunity to. They keep turning other organization's broken toys into actual pieces for them while we're over here paying full price for the #6-7 defenders on bad teams ffs.

Treliving: BPU

Seriously though....big plug hockey bro (6'4 defender who peaked at the ECHL) is told he's not good enough for the ECHL anymore, so got his daddy to invest in a starting a 6th tier minor pro league that he ran with no experience for 5 years.....

“It was Southwest Airlines and rental cars,” says Treliving. “Very, very grassroots. These markets, they had older rodeo buildings, so you were walking in and saying, ‘How would you like to have a hockey team here?’ They’d laugh a little bit. (The undertaking) was soup to nuts . . . real-life, on-the-job learning. You stubbed your toe a whole lot, but, to me, it was like getting an MBA.” (lol, fuck off nepo baby)

until it merged with another 5th tier minor pro league. Somehow parlayed that failure into an assistant GM's job with the Coyotes because that's a totally legit resume for a top hockey job in the NHL.

Yet despite being on the outskirts of pro hockey, his circles were starting to broaden.

“You knew guys at the NHL level.”

Word of mouth, in 2007, got him an unsolicited invitation to interview for the Phoenix Coyotes’ assistant general manager gig. Treliving earned the nod and, once again, latched onto a wonderful learning situation.

So he helped run one of the worst teams in the NHL for 7 years until the king of the old boy failure network, Brian Burke plucked him out of the desert

Seven years later, Treliving, 45, toted his overflowing resume (lol, fuck off) to Calgary.

“Every level Brad’s worked at has prepared him for this,” says Burke.

He then upward failed his way from Calgary into the biggest GM job in the sport.

Pure nepo baby bullshit without a single success on his fucking resume. No education. No success on his resume, nothing. I know guys out west with his hockey card but no wealthy daddy. They work on the fucking rigs.

Treliving: BPU

Seriously though....big plug hockey bro (6'4 defender who peaked at the ECHL) is told he's not good enough for the ECHL anymore, so got his daddy to invest in a starting a 6th tier minor pro league that he ran with no experience for 5 years.....

“It was Southwest Airlines and rental cars,” says Treliving. “Very, very grassroots. These markets, they had older rodeo buildings, so you were walking in and saying, ‘How would you like to have a hockey team here?’ They’d laugh a little bit. (The undertaking) was soup to nuts . . . real-life, on-the-job learning. You stubbed your toe a whole lot, but, to me, it was like getting an MBA.” (lol, fuck off nepo baby)

until it merged with another 5th tier minor pro league. Somehow parlayed that failure into an assistant GM's job with the Coyotes because that's a totally legit resume for a top hockey job in the NHL.

Yet despite being on the outskirts of pro hockey, his circles were starting to broaden.

“You knew guys at the NHL level.”

Word of mouth, in 2007, got him an unsolicited invitation to interview for the Phoenix Coyotes’ assistant general manager gig. Treliving earned the nod and, once again, latched onto a wonderful learning situation.

So he helped run one of the worst teams in the NHL for 7 years until the king of the old boy failure network, Brian Burke plucked him out of the desert

Seven years later, Treliving, 45, toted his overflowing resume (lol, fuck off) to Calgary.

“Every level Brad’s worked at has prepared him for this,” says Burke.

He then upward failed his way from Calgary into the biggest GM job in the sport.

Pure nepo baby bullshit without a single success on his fucking resume. No education. No success on his resume, nothing. I know guys out west with his hockey card but no wealthy daddy. They work on the fucking rigs.
1713723057571.jpeg

What a fucking fraud.

Fire everyone. If Pelley doesn't look at this whole thing and get disgusted by it, he's going to be part of the problem. It's a fucking terrible organization that has allowed the hockey coaches and executive to silo themselves off from the mounds of money being spent trying to be smarter than everyone else.

Back