• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2024 Edition

cHJpdmF0ZS9sci9pbWFnZXMvd2Vic2l0ZS8yMDIzLTA4L3Jhd3BpeGVsX29mZmljZV8yNl9pc29sYXRlZF9faWxsdXN0cmF0aW9uX29mX2tpbmdfY3Jvd25faXNvbGF0ZV81Mzg5YzU2My1hZjRhLTRkMGQtOTYwYi04NDFkMTBlNDFkOTcucG5n.png

This is a man who was born in Montreal, who moved to Toronto too young to already have any allegiance to his prior home's team, only to develop a mad hatred for his true hometown team, and then, in a stunning move that rocked both teams' fanbases, voluntarily moved to Edmonton where he now cheers for the team that he never got to watch as a kid living in Montreal, and actively hate the team that he grew up only minutes away from in Toronto, while having no interest in the team of the city in which he currently resides.

He has no time to worry about LA.
I hate all LA teams. And I've never been there and never wanted to visit.

This is a man who was born in Montreal, who moved to Toronto too young to already have any allegiance to his prior home's team, only to develop a mad hatred for his true hometown team, and then, in a stunning move that rocked both teams' fanbases, voluntarily moved to Edmonton where he now cheers for the team that he never got to watch as a kid living in Montreal, and actively hate the team that he grew up only minutes away from in Toronto, while having no interest in the team of the city in which he currently resides.

He has no time to worry about LA.
If I had never lived in Toronto and been exposed to Leafs fans perhaps I never would have wound up hating them as much as I do. I never hated the Canucks until I moved to Vancouver and had to deal with their nouveau riche douchebag fanbase.

I don't get that vibe from Oilers fans. Perhaps because, unlike the Canucks, they've won Cups and, unlike the Leafs, they've won Cups that the fans were alive to see.

Last edited:
The league needs to do something about the bullshit LTIR stuff. It's just the theatre of it that's annoying.

Just go with a luxury tax.

The Leafs need to do something about it. Two years ago they could have LTIRd Murray and didn’t and this year Marner was hurt, but they didn’t even use the $4 mill they had anyway so I guess it doesn’t matter.

what's hilarious is that the leafs were still dumb enough to let themselves be used as an argument for what vegas is doing, because technically we are also "cap cheaters" right now - in order to carry 9 dmen, 3 goalies, and Noah Gregor for no reason.

Back