• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2024 Edition

In fairness you do trash the Habs. Just not in the Habs board.

In logic, Wehave was born with extra brain farts. It's like Tourettes
I mean, here and there, just like I'd trash another team if a topic came up.

I don't go out of my way to initiate trash talk melees by writing 50 essays a day about the Habs.

Frenemy does what WeHave does. It's just a normal day and boom, Frenemy is flooding messenger with paragraph upon paragraph about how the Leafs are terrible. With literally no news or anything. He just wakes up and goes mental.

I've been a Leafs hater since roughly 1971. In the beginning not for any good reason, I just decided (and for some reason I remember this) that I didn't like them. I looked at the NHL team logos on the side of my Coleco table hockey game one day (all 14 of them) and I remember looking at that blue maple leaf and thinking "I don't like them". My table hockey game didn't even have the Leafs as one of the teams. It was the Habs and the Rangers (both in their dark jerseys) but I just couldn't abide the Leafs from that moment onward. Later, when my family moved to Toronto and I was inundated by actual Leafs fans, my dislike grew into outright hatred. The first game I ever saw in person at MLG, between the Leafs and North Stars in 1973, found 7 year old me cheering loudly for Minnesota. A couple of years later it was 9 year old me, way up in the East side greens, cheering loudly for the Buffalo Sabres. Nobody told me to do it. My dad couldn't care less. He was a French Canadian who grew up in Montreal rooting for Gordie Howe and the Red Wings, not the Habs. I just hated the Leafs on an organic level.

And watching them fail makes me happy. Indescribably so. It's as natural as breathing for me.
If you don't read this over and objectively conclude that there's something wrong with you then...there's something wrong with you.

I've been a Leafs hater since roughly 1971. In the beginning not for any good reason, I just decided (and for some reason I remember this) that I didn't like them. I looked at the NHL team logos on the side of my Coleco table hockey game one day (all 14 of them) and I remember looking at that blue maple leaf and thinking "I don't like them". My table hockey game didn't even have the Leafs as one of the teams. It was the Habs and the Rangers (both in their dark jerseys) but I just couldn't abide the Leafs from that moment onward. Later, when my family moved to Toronto and I was inundated by actual Leafs fans, my dislike grew into outright hatred. The first game I ever saw in person at MLG, between the Leafs and North Stars in 1973, found 7 year old me cheering loudly for Minnesota. A couple of years later it was 9 year old me, way up in the East side greens, cheering loudly for the Buffalo Sabres. Nobody told me to do it. My dad couldn't care less. He was a French Canadian who grew up in Montreal rooting for Gordie Howe and the Red Wings, not the Habs. I just hated the Leafs on an organic level.

And watching them fail makes me happy. Indescribably so. It's as natural as breathing for me.

Bitch, does this place look like Dear Abby to you?

I hate the habs every bit as much as We Have hates the Leafs.

Spending any time at all going on about it on forums and such is a colossal waste of time and mental energy that could be put to much better use in my opinion though.

If you're trying to invite WeHave to join you to watch his favorite team, you need to end that sentence with a question mark.

Back