• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2024 Edition

It’s a sick Habs fan thing. Frenemy is the same. I’m like, why are you spending all this time thinking and typing trash talk about the Leafs? Why am I not spending a minute doing the same with the Habs? It’s so weird.
Always remember, you're the one I agree with most often.
:cool:

This is borderline personality disorder level stuff. JFC get a life...imagine hanging out all day on some random NHL club forum trying to ruin some folks day. Fucking depressing shit that would have me looking for therapy referrals.
No it isn't. It's shit-talking, an age old tradition in sports fandom. And by the way, you're giving me far too much credit for ruining your day. Your day will ultimately be ruined by the Boston Bruins and your perennially underachieving Leafs, not me.

“Hab fans” (or fans of any other Canadian team) that care more about hating the Leafs than following their own teams are all really just deeply embittered, self-loathing Leaf fans that try to shield themselves from hurt and disappointment with over-the-top, “thou dost protest too much”-style hatred of the Leafs.

All you can do with this variety of hockey fan is offer them your pity.
Leafs fans always think that fans of other teams are jealous of them for some reason. Must be all those Cups you won back when TV sets were made by Philco, Electohome, Admiral, and Westinghouse.

No it isn't. It's shit-talking, an age old tradition in sports fandom. And by the way, you're giving me far too much credit for ruining your day. Your day will ultimately be ruined by the Boston Bruins and your perennially underachieving Leafs, not me.

Meh, if you were ruining anyone's day you would have been banned long ago...

It’s a sick Habs fan thing. Frenemy is the same. I’m like, why are you spending all this time thinking and typing trash talk about the Leafs? Why am I not spending a minute doing the same with the Habs? It’s so weird.
In fairness you do trash the Habs. Just not in the Habs board.

In logic, Wehave was born with extra brain farts. It's like Tourettes

Habs did Leafs a solid in ‘21 by exposing their coach but they were too stubborn to listen
That documentary film crew following them around expecting to chronicle a four round trip to championship glory should have sued MLSE after game 7, although the post-game dressing room footage should have won an Emmy for schadenfreude.

Leafs fans always think that fans of other teams are jealous of them for some reason. Must be all those Cups you won back when TV sets were made by Philco, Electohome, Admiral, and Westinghouse.

Hey, my post didn’t mention anything about jealousy! Or even allude to it!

I was just pointing out that you’re the hockey fan equivalent of a right-wing politician who spends most of their time ranting against gays and drag queens, only to secretly dress in women’s lingerie and go cruising for dick in men’s restrooms.

Like them, I think you’d find you’d become a much happier, healthier and fulfilled person if you dropped the facade and started living proudly and openly as your authentic self.

So, say it along with me…Go Leafs Go!! And see how much better you feel!

Hey, my post didn’t mention anything about jealousy! Or even allude to it!

I was just pointing out that you’re the hockey fan equivalent of a right-wing politician who spends most of their time ranting against gays and drag queens, only to secretly dress in women’s lingerie and go cruising for dick in men’s restrooms.

Like them, I think you’d find you’d become a much happier, healthier and fulfilled person if you dropped the facade and started living proudly and openly as your authentic self.

So, say it along with me…Go Leafs Go!! And see how much better you feel!
I've been a Leafs hater since roughly 1971. In the beginning not for any good reason, I just decided (and for some reason I remember this) that I didn't like them. I looked at the NHL team logos on the side of my Coleco table hockey game one day (all 14 of them) and I remember looking at that blue maple leaf and thinking "I don't like them". My table hockey game didn't even have the Leafs as one of the teams. It was the Habs and the Rangers (both in their dark jerseys) but I just couldn't abide the Leafs from that moment onward. Later, when my family moved to Toronto and I was inundated by actual Leafs fans, my dislike grew into outright hatred. The first game I ever saw in person at MLG, between the Leafs and North Stars in 1973, found 7 year old me cheering loudly for Minnesota. A couple of years later it was 9 year old me, way up in the East side greens, cheering loudly for the Buffalo Sabres. Nobody told me to do it. My dad couldn't care less. He was a French Canadian who grew up in Montreal rooting for Gordie Howe and the Red Wings, not the Habs. I just hated the Leafs on an organic level.

And watching them fail makes me happy. Indescribably so. It's as natural as breathing for me.

I've been a Leafs hater since roughly 1971. In the beginning not for any good reason, I just decided (and for some reason I remember this) that I didn't like them. I looked at the NHL team logos on the side of my Coleco table hockey game one day (all 14 of them) and I remember looking at that blue maple leaf and thinking "I don't like them". My table hockey game didn't even have the Leafs as one of the teams. It was the Habs and the Rangers (both in their dark jerseys) but I just couldn't abide the Leafs from that moment onward. Later, when my family moved to Toronto and I was inundated by actual Leafs fans, my dislike grew into outright hatred. The first game I ever saw in person at MLG, between the Leafs and North Stars in 1973, found 7 year old me cheering loudly for Minnesota. A couple of years later it was 9 year old me, way up in the East side greens, cheering loudly for the Buffalo Sabres. Nobody told me to do it. My dad couldn't care less. He was a French Canadian who grew up in Montreal rooting for Gordie Howe and the Red Wings, not the Habs. I just hated the Leafs on an organic level.

And watching them fail makes me happy. Indescribably so. It's as natural as breathing for me.

Tbh, I’m not really seeing anything here that doesn’t blatantly support my “self-loathing, closet Leaf fan” theory.

That your first ever live NHL game was a Leaf game at MLG is a nice touch!

he's been a Leafs fan longer than most of us. attending MLG since he was just a wee lad. following the Leafs closely every year since.

and his level of optimism for the Leafs is about the same as a few members of this board (eg. pep n cheese). truly one of us

Tbh, I’m not really seeing anything here that doesn’t blatantly support my “self-loathing, closet Leaf fan” theory.

That your first ever live NHL game was a Leaf game at MLG is a nice touch!
I went to the Forum before that. It was my first Leafs game.

he's been a Leafs fan longer than most of us. attending MLG since he was just a wee lad. following the Leafs closely every year since.

and his level of optimism for the Leafs is about the same as a few members of this board (eg. pep n cheese). truly one of us
Is someone who attends a Leafs game to root against them a Leafs "fan"?

Back