• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2024 Edition

Yep, not buying it. I don't think Dubois ever cared that much. He had spurts where he'd get interested enough to put out an effort once in a while, especially when he was looking to get a contract, but otherwise he's just happy to go through the motions while counting his money.

In football, when a player doesn’t give up his body to make a play, they say “he made a business decision”

PLD is the consummate business man

In football, when a player doesn’t give up his body to make a play, they say “he made a business decision”

PLD is the consummate business man
I'm fine with Barry Sanders making the "business decision" to retire in his prime rather than risk a life limiting injury, but while you're a player I expect you to play at full throttle. The only "business decision" a player should make is the one where they decide when it's time to hang em up. But if you're playing, it's game on and I expect nothing but 100% effort at all times. Otherwise you are just stealing money.

They said the same of Sam Bennett. Dubois has skill. Need to bring it out of him and on a cheap contract I give it a try.

How exactly do we get PLD for only a million?

And does any team want his shitty attitude and disinterested play on their roster and in their dressing room?
if he's on a 1-year contract he'll be plenty motivated to restore his reputation.

that, or he's a total fagpouchie who mailed it in after he got his contract. and if so, a 1-year deal for your very much not a contending roster makes no difference.

if he's on a 1-year contract he'll be plenty motivated to restore his reputation.

that, or he's a total fagpouchie who mailed it in after he got his contract. and if so, a 1-year deal for your very much not a contending roster makes no difference.
I have my doubts about the bolded part. Regardless of which team has to pay him his current contract is going to be paid in full. He has no motivation to care and I doubt he gives a shit about his reputation at this point. He's made a choice to coast.

But I suppose it's a low-risk move and the usual suspects in the francophone media will love it, hoping to recruit him as their dressing room spy.

I have my doubts about the bolded part. Regardless of which team has to pay him his current contract is going to be paid in full. He has no motivation to care and I doubt he gives a shit about his reputation at this point. He's made a choice to coast.

But I suppose it's a low-risk move and the usual suspects in the francophone media will love it, hoping to recruit him as their dressing room spy.
don't think he gets paid in full on a buyout

He gets his signing bonus money in full (3.25M x2, $2M x 1, $1M x 3) even if he gets bought out.

Of his remaining base salary ($47.5M), he gets 1/3 of it if he’s bought out prior to June 24th, and 2/3’s of it if he’s bought out after June 24th.

This guy hangs out with Ben Simmons.

Back